Thread: How to set up a RAS table???

How to set up a RAS table???

I picked up a early 50s Craftsman RAS and went to set it up today with a new table and the fence ended up crooked to the blade. Then I realized the there is probable a procedure for setting them up. Beside all the stuff on the net, does anyone have any tricks or issues I should watch out for???
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Get the saw turned to 90º, and adjust it parallel to the fence first. Either by adjusting the column, or the table.
    There are several adjustments to make, and it's not something that can be explained on a forum very easily.
    One step after the other.
    This is something explained in the Mr. Sawdust book. Get it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Here's a second vote for the Mr. Sawdust book. It is very good. One way to find it is to e-mail mwalsh@dovetalebooks.com

Myk -

I think Jon Eakes book, Fine Tuning a Radial Arm Saw is a better book for explaining how to tune a Craftsman RAS. The Mr. Sawdust book focuses on the early DeWalt which is a little different. Eakes' book is available as an ebook download from his website.

Roy

Yeah, that would work.
    http://joneakes.com/products
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

See if you can get a copy of the manual at vintage machinery.com. It will all be in there.
    Don

THanks Guys. All good advise.
    Do or do not, there is no try.