Thread: Skiers Are Loving it

Blog Entries

Skiers Are Loving it

But I ain't going to drive in it.

Was hoping the weather forecast was correct in not having anything other than a few flurries until later Friday.

But as is often the case, the pattern shifted and it looks like there is no way I am driving to Portland tomorrow. They will just have to have the tool event without me. It looks like a lot of things are going to be closed tomorrow so folks in Portland if there is any way to get around, it might be a good chance to get some very up close an personal attention for any woodworking questions.

It is so cold the snow doesn't have any moisture. You can't even make a decent snow ball.

The big problem is a lot of places have ice under the snow. Temps outside are now about 20ºF.

Looks like a few days in hunker mode.

Did a little in the shop today. Started out at ~26ºF, finished up at ~32ºF with the heater on for a few hours.

It feels warmer when standing in front of the heater.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Heh, well Mt Hood only got somewhere around 3" today so its close to a bust for them as well. I think we got almost as much down here in the hole. Hoping they get a little more if only for the water later in the year.

Just drove home from Portland this morning through the gorge. Nasty, saw five cars in the ditch including a roll-over. 20 in the shop now, but the heater's going...

C

Blog Entries
    Just drove home from Portland this morning through the gorge.
    You were lucky and likely got out before it really got going.

In Central Oregon on I-5 today they had multiple pile ups including one involving 20 vehicles.

I just measured 4" on the rail on the porch.

Last night's weather report had it doing most of the snowing well south of Portland. Our road didn't get plowed today, but that might be because it didn't really get started until early afternoon.

We live about 15 miles out of town.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Do a storm in these states MEAN that more snow will fall in Kentucky soon
    I never measure my snowfall BUT the ice on top of the snow and did not break under my weight