Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 years sober today.

30 years sober today.

As is my tradition, I am sharing this just because.
    That is all.
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. I am at 129 days without smoking on my way to the rest of a smoke-free life.
    Last edited by Jim Rimmer; 01-29-2014 at 1:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Congrats. You are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Congratulations. I am at 129 days without smoking on my way to the rest of a smoke-free life.
    Good stuff, Jim, stick with it. I am smoke free about 15 years now.
    Paul

Congratulations, I myself will make 1 year sober on Friday! Thank you for being an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Copps View Post
    Congratulations, I myself will make 1 year sober on Friday! Thank you for being an inspiration.
    That's good stuff!
    It's a cliche, but I still live one day at a time. Makes for poor financial planning, but it works.
    Paul

Great ain't it? I hit 30 last month. I quit smoking in '72 while I was drinking. I have no idea how that happened. Congratulations.

48 years for me (I don't drink), good stuff Paul go to see it's going well.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

It gets easy after each day that passes , I'm 10 years sober

drinking is distant memory
    I don't miss making myself stupid
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Is alcohol a common problem in the United Sates? I'm not being facetious, it's an honest enquiry.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    That's good stuff!
    It's a cliche, but I still live one day at a time. Makes for poor financial planning, but it works.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One day; sometimes one minute! Whatever works, just keep stackin' 'em up!!
    23 years for me so far.

I have a question for you guys that have been sober for years+. When I was doing wood working (a couple of years ago- then moved and had NO place for a shop- now getting a house with a dedicated shop) I would use a "drink break" to slow myself down. I am a push push push to get it done type person. That would cause me to miss steps or hurry past some of the important steps, like sanding something to a nice finish. When I stopped to "break" I would take time to look at or think about what I am doing and slow down.

I am very nervous about 2 things. Wanting to drink while I am in the shop, and slowing myself down and taking time to do things right. Do any of you fight with these issues and what do you do about them?

Thank you
    Shane

Happy birthday to all. I got clean and sober March 21st 1975,and I still do it one day at a time.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mahan View Post
    It gets easy after each day that passes , I'm 10 years sober

drinking is distant memory
    I don't miss making myself stupid
    Trust me, I still do stupid stuff. :-)
    Paul

I have a question for you guys that have been sober for years+. When I was doing wood working (a couple of years ago- then moved and had NO place for a shop- now getting a house with a dedicated shop) I would use a "drink break" to slow myself down. I am a push push push to get it done type person. That would cause me to miss steps or hurry past some of the important steps, like sanding something to a nice finish. When I stopped to "break" I would take time to look at or think about what I am doing and slow down.

I am very nervous about 2 things. Wanting to drink while I am in the shop, and slowing myself down and taking time to do things right. Do any of you fight with these issues and what do you do about them?

Thank you
    Shane
    Seriously, I have a terrible coffee addiction. Trading an addiction is not uncommon at all. I always take coffee breaks to make and drink coffee while I work.
    Paul