Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In case you weren't aware- McFeelys

1. That's the goal. I don't know much about Grainger, or their business practices. I know Dave and Pete are good guys, and will treat their customers fairly.
    Last edited by Justin Eversole; 02-24-2014 at 9:39 PM.

2. I will do my best to help them. I just do inventory. They have good people up front though. I'm just a grunt there. I believe in them though. They actually seem to care about people, and are not a greedy corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Eversole View Post
    That's the goal. I don't know much about Grainger, or their business practices. I know Dave and Pete are good guys, and will treat their customers fairly.
    IMHO, Grainger cheapened the core product line and diluted it with a bunch of overpriced stuff there's no way I'd buy from McFeely's.

I never broke a McFeely's screw until Grainger took over. Now its not uncommon. Never saw one rust sitting in my hardware storage either. Now...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    IMHO, Grainger cheapened the core product line and diluted it with a bunch of overpriced stuff there's no way I'd buy from McFeely's.
    Where do you get your screws now?

Still working through my last (unless these guys really do turn it around) order from McFeely's but I've been trying GRK lately and like them. Home Depot and a local home store carry the basics.

6. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I'm not sure about our products. I was a nutritionist, and personal trainer. I got injured and lost my job. They offered me a good paying job when I rehabbed. I was going to work there til I found another training job, but grew to like everyone there. Their wives, sons and daughters work there. They are all really nice down to earth people. Seems like a good fit.

Justin, It is good to hear that the new owners are trying hard. Also, It is good to hear that the new owners are treating you right. I for one will continue to buy from McFeely's as I have always been treated fairly.

It is good to see a family owned business trying to succeed. Many of the members here are in business for themselves and know how difficult it is to be successful. Keep your eye on product quality and fast shipping and people will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Eversole View Post
    Mcfeely tools was purchased by two friends and business partners. They also own Atlas Dowel in Harrison Ohio. Everyone is working 60-70 hours a week to get things going. We are on track, and everything is coming together quite well. We had to make a new website. It was not bought by a big corporation. Its a family run business. I started working for Atlas dowel in November to help them get the warehouse in order for mcfeely tools. The owners are two of the nicest people I have ever worked for. Atlas has a A plus rating with the bbb. I am sure once we have had a chance to settle in mcfeely tools will also. We have all the same products as before. Everyone there is dedicated to making this company work, and I truly believe they will be just as good, if not better than Grainger ever was. Please be patient and give them a chance.
    If it ain't broke, it probably didn't need "fixing"....something my grandfather taught me years ago......

They've already got one strike against them for botching the transition. They've got another strike for not mentioning anything about it on the website. Hiding the fact that its under new ownership is not a good sign. The new site being pretty awful is the final strike for me. I won't be buying from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim German View Post
    They've already got one strike against them for botching the transition. They've got another strike for not mentioning anything about it on the website. Hiding the fact that its under new ownership is not a good sign. The new site being pretty awful is the final strike for me. I won't be buying from them again.
    Jim I have to agree with you..if they would of just made mention of this on their old webpage before they tried to create a new one things could of been a lot different. I almost feel this was done in a "sly" way where nobody the wiser where no one would have known the difference. I agree hiding new ownership is not ever a good thing, people want to know who they are dealing with and where they are spending their money...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Where do you get your screws now?
    I get my fasteners at Jamestown Distributors..

I got my order from them here about a month ago the only problem was finding what I wanted to order.

The web site is a big problem, the screw finder does not work and the only way I can find what I need is to look in the catalog and then put in the number. I was told that it was my browser but it does not work with IE, Chrome or Firefox.

To me if your customer base is from the web then you better have the web site working right. The web site has not work for over 2 months that I have tried to use it.

I have always like their products but if I can't find them then I will have to go someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim German View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Perhaps it is not too late to put a notice on there web page stating that they are in transition. Why the covert operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Rice View Post
    Jim I have to agree with you..if they would of just made mention of this on their old webpage before they tried to create a new one things could of been a lot different. I almost feel this was done in a "sly" way where nobody the wiser where no one would have known the difference. I agree hiding new ownership is not ever a good thing, people want to know who they are dealing with and where they are spending their money...JMHO
    That is assuming they had any access to the old website. Their access was probably just like ours. Sign on and buy stuff.

when I sold my company which had a web presence, that's how our deal happened. New owners bought inventory and such, we kept the rights to the website(coding and domain), name and all artwork and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Whit View Post
    That is assuming they had any access to the old website.
    That might very well be, but its still their fault. They should have made it part of the deal with Grainger that they would have the full data behind the website.