Thread: Steel City 4 wheel power feeder 35660 purchased from Amazon.

Steel City 4 wheel power feeder 35660 purchased from Amazon.

I purchased the Steel City model 35660 4 wheel power feeder for my Delta 3 hp shaper from
    Amazon. It arrived by UPS damaged. the cast iron parts survived, but there were
    some plastic pieces damaged.
    The plastic housing for the gears was broken on two places part no. 73151 (Steel City)
    The Knobs for the housing were bent part no. 73147 ( Steel City)
    The plastic lever for locking the motor position was broken part no. 73179 (Steel City)
    Long story short:
    Steel City sold their remaining power feeders to Amazon, and haven't made power feeders since 2006, to quote
    who I talked to. They have no parts. Damaged machines have to go through Amazon.
    I called Amazon, they want to ship out a new machine. I have to go through the labor of unpackaging another
    machine and putting the damage one in the new box, providing it is not damaged in the same way.
    The problem is these boxes are really heavy for the UPS drivers, who I sympathize with.
    The power feeders are made by Comatic, which look identical. Steel City said Comatic has parts available.
    For any of you ordering the Steel City power feeders (mine is a 35660 4 wheel), expect them to come damaged.
    I do believe this hog of a power feeder will really work well on the heavy stock I have.
    Be prepared. It is huge!
    Does anyone know who manufactures the power feeder for Powermatic?
    Last edited by Ben Kautz; 01-30-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Additional information and question