Thread: 10" Laser Kerf Saw Blade 40T on SawStop

10" Laser Kerf Saw Blade 40T on SawStop

I am thinking to buy this thin blade and use it on my SS contractor type. Is anybody use this thin blade on SawStop? Any problem with brakes? And what splitter do you use?
    Thank you,
    Ed.

I am not certain why you would purchase that blade. It is very expensive and I would be afraid of it from the point of it not bending when cutting.

Why this blade and not a standard Infinity thin kerf blade? A regular thin kerf should run great on your saw.

Questions remain the same even with just thin kerf blade - any problem with brake system and what splitter to use?
    Ed.

I use Freud thin kerf blades on my Sawstop all the time with no issues whatsoever.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

There shouldn't be issue with the brake, but it will be narrower than your stock riving knife. FWIW, the blade cuts great.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 01-30-2014 at 1:07 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I use Freud thin kerf blades on my Sawstop all the time with no issues whatsoever.
    You can use the thin kerf blades with a full kerf splitter of the sawstop? Reason I'm asking is, I will have a new one real soon and was told only reg kerf blades (not due to the brake), due to the splitter/riving knife thickness. I was getting ready to sell my WWI & II for that very reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    You can use the thin kerf blades with a full kerf splitter of the sawstop? Reason I'm asking is, I will have a new one real soon and was told only reg kerf blades (not due to the brake), due to the splitter/riving knife thickness. I was getting ready to sell my WWI & II for that very reason?
    It's important that the blade kerf is at least as wide as the splitter or riving knife....otherwise binding can occur.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have been using a thin kerf blade (0.093") on my PCS with the standard riving knife for a long time now and never had a problem. I do not know where I would even buy a thin kerf riving knife.

I think that there would be problems with the blade that is referenced as the width is 0.063" which is about half the thickness of a full kerf blade (0.125").

I still would be interested to know why one would go to this blade as it is on sale at $159.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I have been using a thin kerf blade (0.093") on my PCS with the standard riving knife for a long time now and never had a problem. I do not know where I would even buy a thin kerf riving knife.
    Larry, did you adjust position of riving knife on the table saw?
    Ed.

I just measured my riving knife and it was 0.085" thick. It has a barely visible label on it that reads 0.090".

I would be interested if anyone else finds something different on their SawStop riving knife.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    I use thin kerf blades (WWII) on my Sawstop all the time. Works perfectly. Don't overthink this. I have never heard of only full kerf for the sawstop. I you you must get rid of your blades, send them to me.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Blog Entries
    I've used it for inlay / stringing stock. Put fence on the left side to compensate for the thickness of the riving knife. The cut-off occurs to the right. Otherwize you'd need to take off riving knife?
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

There are two different sized splitters that came with my SawStop. One is thinner than the other, and I've used that for several years with my Sawstop without any issues. I just assumed that it was for thin kerf blades.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.