Thread: Belt Replacement

Belt Replacement

Morning Gentlemen, Yesterday when cleaning out the Sawdust holding area of my General 350 T.S. Made in Canada,(less than steller sawdust pickup), I noticed a small crack in one of the two drive belts that go to the arbor from the motor pully. Anyone have experience in changing these two belts? I've tried contacting General but have not recieved a reply yet. Any help would be great. Thank You.

Marty if you can post a pic,some of us that don't have a General can offer suggestions.If its like the Unisaw,it should just lift off the pulley and yoke(guessing)----

Blog Entries
    If one belt has cracked, the second one is the same age, so both should be replaced. You may need to get matched belts, although I vaguely recall that this isn't as critical with modern belts as it used to be years ago. Check with your belt supplier to be sure.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute