Thread: Bizzare Incident with CLearVue CV1800

Bizzare Incident with CLearVue CV1800

Recently completed assembly of a CV1800 I ordered last spring. It was installed as per the instructions in my basement shop, as was the electrical control box for the remote control (by a certified master electrician). Everything seems to be working fine (still checking for leaks, etc). I have it temporarily ducted just to my Griz 15" planer and nary a chip escapes. Strange thing happened a few days ago. When I came home from work, the cyclone was on. It had turned itself on sometime during the day. My guess is either the neighbor's garage door opener, or the remote control shock collar for their dog set it off. It was very unnerving to enter the house and hear it running, as it's quite loud. Anyone else have an interference issue with the CV remote control?

those remotes are very common & overlap in the signal is a problem ,you need a manual cut off switch,a wall light switch will work , install it on the 120Volt line just before the " Certified master electrician " control box .
    turn the thing off when you leave the shop .
    I myself did Not get the remote starter box sold by ClearVue
    ($250.oo is awful steep for a small box & a few connectors ,you get the relay with the cyclone anyway ) ,
    my electricians made me one for time & materials while they did the multiple 120V & 240V lines in my garage . Wired up the motor as well
    the remotes are $10.oo & up just about everywhere ( Google is yer friend )
    took me 2 minutes to find this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555-Ou...ef=pd_sim_lg_5
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

The Grizzly planer is not a good test of your cyclone. It was designed so well that my 2 hp cyclone can handle it with an extra gate open. If you have a drum sander, that is a better test.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mahan View Post
    those remotes are very common & overlap in the signal is a problem ,you need a manual cut off switch,a wall light switch will work , install it on the 120Volt line just before the " Certified master electrician " control box . turn the thing off when you leave the shop . I myself did Not get the remote starter box sold by ClearVue ($250.oo is awful steep for a small box & a few connectors ,you get the relay with the cyclone anyway ) , my electricians made me one for time & materials while they did the multiple 120V & 240V lines in my garage . Wired up the motor as well the remotes are $10.oo & up just about everywhere ( Google is yer friend ) took me 2 minutes to find this one http://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555-Ou...ef=pd_sim_lg_5
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have a 100 amp subpanel for the workshop that is near the cyclone and easily accessible, so I'll switch it off at the subpanel for the time being. I'm aware the remote kit from ClearVue wasn't the cheapest route to go, but I don't have much free time as it is (it took 8+ months to find the time to get the cyclone set-up). Building a remote from scratch or finding someone else that could would've made that time even longer. In hindsight I wish I had bought a plug and play cyclone for the same reason.

Unless it's changed, it's just a Christmas tree light remote. When/if it breaks, you just go down to the hardware store and buy another Christmas tree light remote. Honestly, I much prefer that to the built-in remotes, but to each his own.

Unless the remote control is substantially different from Zenith unit that ClearVue's subcontractor supplies with their electrical box, the remote and transmitter should have DIP switches that you can set to different switch settings to avoid false startups -- the codes of some garage door openers can compete with the receiver and cause this headache (DAMHIKT!).