Thread: Creeker Visit to Mark Singer Shop!

Creeker Visit to Mark Singer Shop!

Wrapped up a fun family vacation to Disneyland with a Sunday visit to Mark & Myriam Singers residence. We met a little before 4 pm and took a tour of the house and shop....then had a great dinner (see thread in Off-Topic Forum)... came back to the house and left around 9:30 pm.

We also met Ryan and Jessica! Jessica had a birthday bash at the house the night before - I believe Mark was the Marguarita Machine.... She is beautiful (thanks to her MOM!) and a pleasure to meet. Ryan stopped in while we were in the shop and visited for a bit. As a matter of fact, Ryan was on SMC and still hanging out at the house when we left. What a great family they are!! I wanted to mention this first and foremost: how pleasant it was to see their kids stop in...hang around... and enjoy the family comraderie. This speaks volumes for how they were raised; and how close they are to one another.

The Singer home is beautiful...uncluttered...built around a magnificent kitchen area that no doubt can entertain guests with ease. Mark's wood working skills are evident in every room - lamps, tables, chairs, beds, shelving, cabinets, massive doors....amazing!! All of the WWork was very well done; super joinery & design - and awesome wood species!! Lots of accents with stainless & glass - very classy indeed. Myriam & Mark are very talented to say the least.....

I could go on and on...but suffice to say we had a great time and got to know some great people!

Here are some shop pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

and a few more:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ditto

Well said Roy.
    Mark has a beautiful house and shop, and a gracious host.

Nice shots...glad you guys got to hang out. Sure is fun meeting other Creekers.

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for the pics too. Were you having fun in Photoshop?

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Nice pictures Roy!... Geez...look at all the head room in that shop! I'm going to get claustrophobic next time I go into my shop. Very nice Mark.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Forman
    Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for the pics too. Were you having fun in Photoshop?

Dan
    Dan - yes, I thought I'd spice up things with true B&W, Sepia, and some color tinting....
    Mark's shop is a nice practical space -- with very tall ceilings to give a very roomy feeling. He has the knowledge and the skills to make beautiful projects - I was impressed at how he can do so many things in so many ways.....

Roy, you're a lucky fellow! You got to see, in person, where so much beautiful stuff originates. Again, I'm green with envy! I'm sure you had a GREAT visit! One 'o these years, Mark! One 'o these years.....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,
    Come on down!
    I am looking forward to meeting you.....Roy exagerrates a bit....we are really not that great! Just ordinary people......It was fun and has family is great! Linsey is so smart and grown up.....she is reading and doing math of children sevral grades higher. ....she is only six! They are both wonderful parents...!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Roy, you're a lucky fellow! You got to see, in person, where so much beautiful stuff originates. Again, I'm green with envy! I'm sure you had a GREAT visit! One 'o these years, Mark! One 'o these years.....
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

John, I smell a road trip!! How about you!?!? With two drivers we could drive non-stop
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    John, I smell a road trip!! How about you!?!? With two drivers we could drive non-stop
    Pick me up on the way: I know the freeways here.

Guys....

You do need to let me know! Next week I leave for Oaxaca, Morelia, San Miguel de Allende.....I won't be here...there is beer though and I can leave instructions for the Expresso machine...The shop you guys can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Pick me up on the way: I know the freeways here.

I can see it now...the folks that write the "Hidden" series of travel books will be adding Mark's place to the next edition of Hidden California. (Great books to travel with, BTW)

I'd definitely go back!! (Mark...when ya coming east?)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago....Never made it to PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    I can see it now...the folks that write the "Hidden" series of travel books will be adding Mark's place to the next edition of Hidden California. (Great books to travel with, BTW)

I'd definitely go back!! (Mark...when ya coming east?)

Yup, I remember that!! Well...the welcome mat is out, as it were...and I've already picked out the restaurants!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...