Thread: Trend Airshield Pro Won't Turn On

Trend Airshield Pro Won't Turn On

I have had my TAS Pro for about three years with no problems. I was using it the other day as normal, took it off for a minute, then when I put it back on, and went to turn it on, all it did was a slow beeping. No power at all. I tried my other battery, same thing. I blew out battery compartment with air hose, nothing. Nothing in manual about slow beeping. BTW, the beeping seems to be different from the beeping in your ear when battery is low. Any thoughts about what might be the problem. Blower motor??

Jeff

Jeff, the Trend battery packs are known to fail prematurely if left in the OEM (non-smart ) charger. Since you are having the same thing occur with both packs, it doesn't sound like that is the case, but it could be that both packs are bad. There are threads here on adapting a Tynergy smart charger and also about rebuilding the battery packs. I have done both and am very happy. If it turns out to be the packs, it only costs about $15 per pack for replacement cells vs the ~$60 cost of a replacement and I just rebuilt an old one this past week. I have had excellent response from Trend customer service in the past, so a call to them can't hurt. Good luck.
    Dick Mahany.