Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your favorite woodworking tools?

Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    Two, first this early first generation 17" Delta Drill Press. It's a pretty nice press, but mostly because it just looks so cool.

I also love my Oliver 88-DX. It's just an awesome piece of machinery. I smile every time I look at it. And look back at it every time I turn out the shop lights when leaving the shop. It's hard to get a feel for the size of it in a photo, but the counter behind it is 10 feet long.
    George, I've been admiring your saw over on the dado thread, what a machine. Did you have to look hard to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    George, I've been admiring your saw over on the dado thread, what a machine. Did you have to look hard to find it?
    Thanks Steve. Funny but it found me via a member at OWWM.org. I had mentioned in a thread that I had bid (and lost) on a 88-D at auction in AL. It was a sorry bastard but I wanted it for parts to add to my Oliver 260-D. This member informed me what is now my saw being up for auction in the Twin Cities. I wanted a second saw to do dado and be able to x-cut wider panels or sheet goods to compliment the 260-D. The 88-DX actually made it easy to simply keep one saw, and good thing, because I don't have room for both (although I just bought an Oliver 80-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    I just like this corner of my shop best, hard to pick just one thing in it.
    Wow, awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    Two, first this early first generation 17" Delta Drill Press. It's a pretty nice press, but mostly because it just looks so cool.
    Attachment 281630

I also love my Oliver 88-DX. It's just an awesome piece of machinery. I smile every time I look at it. And look back at it every time I turn out the shop lights when leaving the shop. It's hard to get a feel for the size of it in a photo, but the counter behind it is 10 feet long.

Attachment 281634
    Holy crap! What does that beast weigh! My shop is pier and beam construction, there is no way it would support that!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Holy crap! What does that beast weigh! My shop is pier and beam construction, there is no way it would support that!
    About 3,000 pounds.

Starrett 4" double-square off eBay many years ago for under $15 I'm pretty sure. I love that thing!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Well, I don't use them all the time, but I have a fondness for my ShopSmiths! They are handy when the time is right, without a doubt. Great bang for the buck used.

Bought them cheap off Craigslist (under $200 with bandsaws)...Would never have one at list price for sure.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Bargain power tool: Fifteen inch Jet scroll saw $15 (creigs list)
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

6" T-rule from incra,
    recently: my power feeder (that I use on shaper, router table, Jointer, bandsaw).

Delta 8" Jointer, bought brand new with wax still on the bed from a deceased estate for ZAR1000. (about $80.00)

Incra Table Saw Fence system and Woodpecker Router Superfence

Always running. Bandsaw!