Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trotec Rayjet : Engraving works but not cutting

Raffi,
    I noticed that you only had two colors installed, one for raster and one for vector. Install the remaining colors and try green as your vector cutting command.

Robert
    Robert Tepper
    Trotec Rayjet 300/80 Watt
    Dahlgren 500 Engraving Machine, CNC Engraving Machine
    Pad printer with 5 3/4 x 5 3/4" print area
    Jackson Vulcanizers, 15 x 24", three total
    Hegner Scroll Saws, 14", three total

Hi Raffi,
    Have you had any luck with this issue?

Our department just got a new Rayjet laser cutter. We are facing similar troubles where it can engrave but it cant cut. I am guessing its colour profile causing my colours to be converted so the software cant read the cut lines. The only difference is that we are using illustrator CS6 to print with the mini manager as the printer controller.

Past few weeks we have been trying to print from a desktop machine and same problem keeps repeating itself. But today we installed Minimanager on a laptop that also has illustrator CS6 and that seemed to allow the machine to cut and engrave. So i hope to isolate the problems in the next few days.

Dear Simon

After a lot of problems and tech support visitations it came out to be a manufacturing defect.
    We are waiting to receive our new machine in a couple of weeks.

As a summary on what they did.
    They first replaced the CPU of the machine, then they changed the main board, after that the power supply.

When they did all this the machine started cutting but not always, sometime it does and sometimes it doesn't
    But when they changed these 3 components, the button on the top of the machine (play, pause, and Z axis up down buttons) stopped working an they couldn't fix them.
    Until today these buttons don't work.

So we told the Trotect company that we do not accept to have a brand new machine manipulated this much and we request a new machine.
    They accepted and we shall receive it soon.

So coming back to your problem, if you are using RGB red line with 0.001 pt thickness and your laser doesn't cut, call them and let them send a technician.

It has nothing to do with AI CS6 or Corel Draw