Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wait or weight

wait or weight

I order some tools Monday and they was mail on time to be here today [Friday] BUT the tracker change the delivery to this Monday
    WE NEED A NEW COMPANY that can deliver on time every time

Ray,

With 3 winter storms crossing the US right now, I doubt that any of the companies can guarantee a delivery due to fly conditions being effected by not only snow, ice but bitter cold temperatures too.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Mail? As in US Post Office?

Good luck with that.

I recently sent some things Two Day Priority from pretty major cities. It took five days!

UPS's attitude here is pretty much "tough ____" even though Fedex is managing to make deliveries just fine most days. I'm at the end of the UPS route I'm on and they'll just give up about 6PM and not deliver what's left and blame road conditions. The driver is flat out lying about that--says my road isn't plowed which is false because I've been keeping it plowed. Then they start the next day at the beginning and lo and behold they never get to me again. It can go on for 4 days like that. I managed to get a local phone for them and intend to let it calm down from the most recent storm then demand they figure out a way to put me first after skipping me or I'll start making complaints to anyone who will take them. Even that might not change anything but if they have to start responding to the BBB and AG they might find it easier to just get me my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ray,

With 3 winter storms crossing the US right now, I doubt that any of the companies can guarantee a delivery due to fly conditions being effected by not only snow, ice but bitter cold temperatures too.
    I understand about the weather but the package was routed to Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Val Kosmider View Post
    Mail? As in US Post Office?

Good luck with that.

I recently sent some things Two Day Priority from pretty major cities. It took five days!
    NO to the post office, I fail to mention UPS, I consider all packages and letters 'MAIL '

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    UPS's attitude here is pretty much "tough ____" even though Fedex is managing to make deliveries just fine most days. I'm at the end of the UPS route I'm on and they'll just give up about 6PM and not deliver what's left and blame road conditions. The driver is flat out lying about that--says my road isn't plowed which is false because I've been keeping it plowed. Then they start the next day at the beginning and lo and behold they never get to me again. It can go on for 4 days like that. I managed to get a local phone for them and intend to let it calm down from the most recent storm then demand they figure out a way to put me first after skipping me or I'll start making complaints to anyone who will take them. Even that might not change anything but if they have to start responding to the BBB and AG they might find it easier to just get me my stuff.
    I wanted to called UPS because of other mistakes BUT they do not give their phone number out very quick

I have either had things shipped to me or I have shipped things this week both UPS and Priority Mail. Both of them were delayed by the weather.

Given that some places like me got 8-10" of snow, other places have had bad ice and power lines down and the temperatures have been sub zero, I think that the shippers have done pretty well. One has to understand that a slowdown in things like the airlines in one part of the country causes delays across the system.

We have gotten spoiled in expecting two day delivery of a package for around $10-15. I think that is a pretty good bargain. I grit my teeth too when packages are delayed but the cold, ice and snow have been pretty intense this weather. There are still a lot of people who are without power and I am thankful that I have mine.

I must be living right, UPS here is fantastic. They are always out in the nasty weather, way longer than I am. The USPS on the other hand... one of those bozos has my 14" dado set. They delivered the empty broken box, stamped "damaged". Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Given that some places like me got 8-10" of snow,
    Mine was "Out for Delivery" the day before the latest snow and about 3 hours before the first flake was scanned as delayed due to emergency conditions out of their control. That's their game here this winter.

I guess when I order something and if I paid for exspedited shipping then I would expect it on time, but this winter has been brutal for everyone. So for an arrival date changed from Friday to Monday would not get me bent out of shape because he delay was ruly due to nasty weather.

Matt, In your case I have shipped things for folks who live out in the boonies and my cost to ship is greater due to extra fuel surcharges and it always adds extra time to the delivery date. But that is no excuse to not deliver things when the item has went out on the route for delivery. But I suppose things really could be going wrong for the driver, the truck or the weather, and you are one of the unlucky ones, and of course it is all due to massive climate change and we may never get deliveries ever again unless it is by dogsled or horseback!

Good luck, and things will work out in the end for all,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

I'm not THAT far out--we live 8-1/2 miles from the city limits of Toledo, OH.

I'm a pretty big fan of UPS generally as they do the best job in most cases. Latest shipments have been a little different, though. I ordered twice for shipments from the west coast. Both were delayed and one was delayed twice BY TRAIN! Never saw that before. I think this winter has been tough on everything, particularly travel. I'd give all the carriers a break for another month. It's not easy. I will say though that one shipment got to Harrisburg on time (the nearest major hub) then went 150 degrees in the wrong direction to Philadelphia, then back to Harrisburg then north to my local distribution point. No explanation for that maneuver. This is atypical of UPS however. Mostly their logistics are very good.

go pick it up your self .Im sure that will save you time and money

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I wanted to called UPS because of other mistakes BUT they do not give their phone number out very quick
    UPS has their phone number right on their website under Contact us: 1-800-PICK-UPS

Weather in other areas of the country can hold up packages in other areas with good weather. It used to be normal to get mail order stuff in 4 to 6 weeks and now we moan and groan when a ground shipment arrives a day later than expected.