I knew Rickenbacker was aggressive in that sense but I never heard Fender was, though it doesn't surprise me that they would be. I was thinking of making some changes and the first place I wanted to was around the scroll. It's kind of dated. I do want to keep the two-piece headstock. I like it too. What I don't know is how much material is necessary at the headstock to take the load of the tension from the strings. That's part of why I didn't make any changes in the first guitar.

What I can see in the future is me getting bored with making exact Fender clones. When I saw the JP-90, I liked how they flared out the horns a bit and that got the creative juices flowing. Then I saw this today

I loved how the grain flowed with the body and I was surprised to find I actually liked the shape of the body. But mostly I found it inspired me to make something different. Maybe the key is to take the wood and design the body to enhance the grain.

I know, in a general sense, everything has been done, but I see nothing unoriginal with taking something, changing some of it, and making it your own.. I've always loved design. So I see myself going in that direction as I become more confident about building a playable guitar. I get bored easily so the idea of making my own designs keeps the enthusiasm high.