Thread: A clean shop is a happy shop...

A clean shop is a happy shop...

Hi, all -

My garage/shop has been collecting detritus all winter. I've gone through half a dozen layout changes in the past few years, none of which has been any better than the first layout I used for many moons. I had the day off today, and decided I'd clean and rearrange things once and for all.

In an ideal world, one or both benches would be in the center of the shop. Of course, I'd have a dedicated out-building, dust collection, heat, etc. But I have to share a garage, so I now have room to turn around, move materials, and sit at a bench. The tools are usable, the hand tools accessible. All good.

Next order of business is rearranging the tools on the wall into some sort of logical order. I'm used to where everything is, but having the plane till on the other side of the world from the lower bench, where the planes get used, hardly makes sense. That all will take a little more time, and a few trips to Lowe's for pegboard hooks.

The trash pile is large (the garbage men won't be happy tomorrow), and I still have to store the mower and gas cans in the shop area when I'm not working. But the power tools have a logical layout now, there're room to move, and there's clear benchtops.

Now to make some sawdust.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's better to be a spectacular failure than an apologetic one...

it maybe clean but I think that it will not stay this way for long