Thread: Carnuba wax question

Carnuba wax question

I have the Beall buffing system and I have a question about the carnuba wax. When I go to load up the wheel, it doesn't seem like there is any wax coming off the block. I look at how quickly the Tripoli compound is running out and you can see the color of the wheel change as it is charged. I realize the wax I harder than the compound, but do I have to warm up the wax first? Thanks for any help you all can give me.
    Matt Newton
    IAFF Local 2664

non illigitimi carborundum

Matt - the heat generated by the buffing wheel will melt the wax. You only want a little on the wheel at time or you will get clumps on your turning and those are a pain to deal with. Just do a little at a time and you should be fine.

Also, make sure you don't run the buffing wheel at too high of an rpm as that will eat through your finish it you are not careful! Good luck!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Matt - the heat generated by the buffing wheel will melt the wax. You only want a little on the wheel at time or you will get clumps on your turning and those are a pain to deal with. Just do a little at a time and you should be fine.

Also, make sure you don't run the buffing wheel at too high of an rpm as that will eat through your finish it you are not careful! Good luck!
    I have done both. Fun times after thinking you are DONE! haha