Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fake RECI tube?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dave! Will give that a shot when I am ready to order and let you know how it goes!!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Dave (Somers)
    Certainly buyers are concerned about remaining tube life for both WQestern and Chinese lasers, but it is much less of an issue with the Chinese ones as replacement tubes are 1/4 to 1/10 the cost of Western RF units. In my case, replacing/reburbishing a Synrad T60 Firestar is around $4k. Replacing a RECI 80 watt is about $500 including air ship from China.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

I have an emissions monitor that Tweakie kindly built for me, it measures the laser run time from the RF emissions of the plasma so I can get exact times for actual tube run. May be worth dropping Tweaks a line and seeing if he has any plans to build more of them? The chap is a genius, if it's possible Tweaks is the MAN to know about it

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Dave,

Any thoughts on trying to make an hours meter that could go on a tube's circuit so you would know for sure how many hours it has run? Or are you aware of aftermarket devices for this? Is this just a foof idea of little value?

Dave
    David, when you purchase your first laser next week in Vegas, ask to see the firing hours on the tube. Most software packages ( at least Western ) will have a tube and machine on time as part of the firmware. Not sure about the Asian off-shore models.

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

LaserCUT has it on the Chinese machines Mark but it's pretty hit and miss even when it does work.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

and I see by a recent post http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...urs-on-Shenhui

Shenhui does also.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)

So any chance you have any contact info or a website for that LaSea tube? I'm not finding it anywhere.

Are you running KYLA software? CO2 or Fiber
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Blog Entries
    Mark,

I wish I were going to Vegas to browse, not cause I actually care about Vegas but the convention would have been very interesting. Unfortunately though we are in the midst of a long period of house guests at home and slugs and slugs of work at the office. No travel for me other than on the bicycle back and forth to downtown each day.

Thanks for all the info on hours counting everyone!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Dave, you should have been looking for a laser 8-9 years ago when the awards industry of the NW held an annual trade show in Auburn at the Embassy Suites..you could have ridden your bike to the show. Of course there is always the Industrial Show WESTEC 25 March 2014 Los Angeles Convention Center.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

http://bjefr.en.alibaba.com/contactinfo.html

Lei Lou is the lady you need to talk to

They now do a ZX1050 series for 60 watt machines, the first 10,000 hr 60 watter on the market

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

So I found some stats on that ZX1050. I measured my machine and I'm kinda surprised that it might actually fit in my 40 watt machine. However, I'll need new mounts in order to upgrade. Thanks for the link.
    http://www.bjefr.com/?page_id=71
    Last edited by Jonathan Bowen; 02-26-2014 at 1:20 PM.

Any advice for manufacturers of 50W tubes and power supplies? Actually, I'm happy with my tube but the PSU is junk - unstable at high power with the good old hissing noise and fine lines in acrylic edges. I've been planning to replace it, but I'm not getting straight answers from vendors about whether they can guarantee stability at low and high power.
    LCJingKe 400mm x 600mm 50W, CorelLaser X6

How long is the tube Matt?

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

The current tube is 1000mm, although there's a door that can be removed to stuff in a larger one.
    LCJingKe 400mm x 600mm 50W, CorelLaser X6