Thread: Comfort Cart

Comfort Cart

I’m determined (for now) to get some of the projects I want to do finished.
    So… here is project one …a Comfort Cart.
    My shop is not large but too large to heat and cool effectively. I can wheel this near my lathe and have relative comfort year round. AC was $20 on CL but it is fine 6 feet or so away. Heater with a fan behind it is on bottom since heat rises it will blow towards my feet.

Also usable for other small area task such as carving, scroll work, band saw boxes, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

Heck of a good idea!

that will help for sure...

That should work in my small out-building. I was wondering what a "comfort cart" would be.

I have a small 220v heater mounted to the ceiling. It does take the chill off, but I discovered that I like those radiant dish heaters that you can get at Costco. It's not 220, but I can put in the area that I'm working in at the time. After awhile, I have to turn it down to medium or low because it gets too warm. It just sits on the floor and does not have a fan. The dish really directs the heat outward from the front. The cart is a good idea for a combo setup though. I also have a Sharp portable air conditioner (on wheels) that works pretty well. It has a 4" flex pipe that I have to vent to the outside. Since I have a sliding window, I just open it and put a piece of plywood in with the vent mounted on it. Then I just seal everything up with white duct tape. I remove it in the fall. The whole process only takes less then 10 minutes. Sorry, didn't mean to try and hijack the thread. Just adding a few more ideas since my shop is so cramped that I don't have room for another cart. It's a good idea for the right situation(s) though. I really envy those that have climate controlled shops 365 .
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith