Thread: 6" PVC D2729 Fitting Source

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

6" PVC D2729 Fitting Source

I was picking up a 4" PVC D2729 (Thin wall DVW) wye this morning at my local Lowes store and I noticed that they are now carrying 6" D2729 fittings again. The prices seemed about par -- i.e.~$23 for a 6" wye.

Paul

Might want to check Menards if there is one in your area. Below is what they sell the ASTM 2729 Pipe and fittings for. It was by far the cheapest I could find.

6"x10' pipe - SKU 6899780 - $14.00
    6"x6"x6" Wye - SKU 6890447 - $16.99
    6" coupler - SKU 6890418 - $5.22
    6" 45 deg elbow - SKU 6890405 - $7.90

Drew

the same pipe in AZ is 34 bucks
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

I wonder if that is because you don't have a Menards in AZ. At least I couldn't find a store that far south and west. I thought they were a National Chain, but they may only be in the Upper east coast and mid west. Have any relatives up this way? Right now it is on sale for $12.99. Just a thought. Sale ends 3/15/2014 though.
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Pavlak View Post
    I wonder if that is because you don't have a Menards in AZ. At least I couldn't find a store that far south and west. I thought they were a National Chain, but they may only be in the Upper east coast and mid west. Have any relatives up this way? Right now it is on sale for $12.99. Just a thought. Sale ends 3/15/2014 though.
    Menards is only in the greater Midwest area.

Unless your AZ pipe dealer wears a mask and carries a gun, the $34 price is probably not for 6" S&D (ASTM 2729), but more likely for the thicker walled SDR35 or Sched 40.

My Lowes has carried 6" S&D fittings for the last ten years or more, just not 6" S&D pipe (ASTM 2729)- go figure. They carry the 6" thicker-walled and heavier SDR35 (ASTM 3034) which is usually green/blue green.

S&D (ASTM 2729) and SDR35 (ASTM3034) have the same OD and use the same fittings which may have multiple markings (ASTM 3034, 3035, 2729). These fittings will not fit Sched 40 so are not found in the plumbing section, but in the irrigation and drainage section along with plastic NDS stuff and black corrugated ABS drainage pipe.

Looks like Menards does require you to order a minimum QTY of 33 or 39. What really sucks is that the only other place I can find it wants $21 a stick for it and it is about a 3 hour round trip for me to go get it. Anyone if SW Michigan need any? I am thinking of ordering a skid, using what I will need and then trying to off load the rest. Thought I would post here to see if anyone local is interested first. Not really sure what I would do with all the extra. I will need somewhere around 21 pieces. So that will leave between 12 to 18 pieces left over. Either way it is going to be the same cost to me roughly. This way maybe I can help someone else out.

Thanks,
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Pavlak View Post
    Looks like Menards does require you to order a minimum QTY of 33 or 39. What really sucks is that the only other place I can find it wants $21 a stick for it and it is about a 3 hour round trip for me to go get it. Anyone if SW Michigan need any? I am thinking of ordering a skid, using what I will need and then trying to off load the rest. Thought I would post here to see if anyone local is interested first. Not really sure what I would do with all the extra. I will need somewhere around 21 pieces. So that will leave between 12 to 18 pieces left over. Either way it is going to be the same cost to me roughly. This way maybe I can help someone else out.

Thanks,
    Try John Deere Landscapes- they used to sell 6" thin-walled S&D (ASTM 2729) pipe (they may call it thin wall pvc, gravity drain, solid perf, etc.) Make sure you tell them you are "in the business" so they don't try to rip you off by charging their exorbitant Harry Homeowner price. Their website says there are a number of MI locations, one in Kalamazoo.

Just called they don't carry it and didn't want to order it for me. Businesses these days kill me. No wonder so many go out of business when it is too much of a hassle to service their customers.
    Drew

I can't see anyone wanting to bother with a small order for Harry Homeowner if they don't stock it. I'm sure they'd have to order a full skid of it--what are they going to do with the rest? I've always gotten it at Carter Lumber in Monroe or Toledo.

Has anyone seen any of this stuff http://www.homedepot.com/p/Advanced-...2&str_nbr=2728

Curious what the black stuff inside is? Would it still be smooth enough for dust collection? It looks like I can order what I need from Home Depot with no minimum QTY and free shipping to store. At $14.08 for 10' might work. I know the OD is 6.275", but can't find ID or wall thickness.
    Drew