Thread: Still on the CNC Journey

Still on the CNC Journey

I've spent the last two weeks researching, comparing, watching videos, and getting quotes. One company that has a great site, million of videos, and seemingly good support is Laguna Tools. I don't see a lot of mention of them in the CNC forums however. Does anyone have any experience with their tools?

China.....
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. ... May your chains set lightly upon you, and posterity forget that you were our countrymen". -- Samuel Adams

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Peter, I suggest you read this thread from beginning to end.

Initial Laguna IQ HHC Review
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thank you, Thank you, Thank You, down to camaster vs easy-router

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rudge View Post
    Shop Bot should probably make it on your list and in many cases something like a kit from CNCRouterParts is worth knowing about.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

I wouldn't completely dismiss a machine from China. I purchased directly a XJ1325BG machine close to 2 years ago, it ran right out of the box. It has been a serious work horse for our shop, cutting everything put on the table with amazing accuracy. We have had zero problems with this machine. It has been running 5-6 days a week 6-8 hours per day since last september cutting solid wood door and window panels. The company I purchased from has support, spare parts if needed and speak perfect english...see page 5 "been a while"...
    Last edited by Gene Crain; 02-27-2014 at 3:22 PM.
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rudge View Post
    The Luguna IQ was on my short list untill I read Ernie's post. I went with CAMaster - no complaints.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney