Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Latest

Very nice Steve, the one time I tried a hollow form full of bark inclusions, it ended up in several pieces after a little catch hollowing the inside. I envy your skill.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinehart View Post
    I'd really like to see the tool you use to get the outside shoulder!
    Tim, I used both of my Monster systems - the captured and the articulated. To do the finishing cuts, I used the captured system, the straight bar with the 45* tool holder, and in that, the swivel bit holder using an 1/8" bit. It looked like heck but it was needed to get into the shoulder area.

Quote Originally Posted by mike ash View Post
    I like the shape and the holes!!! So do you leave the LED light in there all the time??!!!
    Finally - a use for a hollow form.... a night light! Great idea!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

it's been too long since your last sharing here. this piece may make up for it! Glorious wood and a tricky shape to hollow ..many skills shown here.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Steve,
    All those voids leave too many places other wood turners can stick their fingers to test the inside smoothness. I'll bet you have the interior as smooth as a babies backside. The form is true to the style you like and the wood is sweet. Your posts are always eye candy. Thanks for showing it to us.
    faust

That is beautiful! The LED light may be a new design feature! If it does not hold water it is art!

It's a beautiful piece, Steve. I'd like to see a pic in low light with the led turned on. I'm not fussy, am I? :-)
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Masterful job of turning an ugly piece of wood into something beautiful. The wood is happy.

Dave F.

Beautiful piece - you did a great job with this burl.

Great piece, Steve! Your usual excellent job of hitting the nail on the head with the southwest form combined with the thinness of the walls and beautiful wood make this a winner. I look forward to seeing it up close.