Thread: The pen contest

The pen contest

I find it incredibly disheartening to check the voting on the pen contest and see that only 26 folks have taken the time to vote.

Come on people, take 1 minute and click on the link on the top of the forum and support out fellow turners.

...rant over
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I've looked. I can see the pens but not the poll???? Maybe I need to look on computer and not phone.

Thanks for the reminder. I automatically look below the stickies.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I automatically look below the stickies.
    +1. I do the very same. Thanks for the post!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Thank you for the reminder Scott. Since yesterday we went from 26 to 71 votes.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Yeah, I saw that! I think that the "stickies" get lost/ignored sometimes and folks don't realize that there is a contest going on. 73 votes now...is pretty good.....unless you figure in that there are 81,728 members of Sawmill Creek! Of course that number includes the non-turning bunch and the spectators.... but, just in the turning forum (the most active one) we probably have enough folks to easily see a vote count closer to 5000+.

Exposure is the key and if tis thread helps garner more attention to the contest...great. Good luck to the contestants and thanks to those who took the 1 minute to vote.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Tks, Scott. I have been following it and was discouraged to see that only 4 of us entered and then that so few voted. Your post clearly changed the voting numbers. I'll use this post to wish my fellow entrants good luck.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

This reminder must have helped because it seemed to take forever to get 20 people to vote. When I checked today I was surprised to see how much the vote total had jumped!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Actually, five of us entered. :-)

Sorry, Allen. I only see four.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I voted early in this poll and I too was actually thinking it was over already but I missed the winners announced. I so wanted to enter this contest but the winter here in NJ has been brutal. I am in construction and have been working outdoors this year and it took its toll on me for sure. I have no energy left when I get home to go in the shop. Then all the shoveling of snow has added to the aches and pains. I am not making excuses but I do sure hope this contest will again appear at a later date and maybe abit more public push to get more entrants. I have seen some very talented pen turners here and I am sure this could be even bigger. If not a pen contest maybe other turning contests. I do not do many things but pens would have ben up my alley.

Anyway great entrants and all should take a bow. There are no losers for sure. Would be proud to own any one of them. Good luck to the entrants.
    John T.