Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered my new Grizzly G1023RLX!

Ordered my new Grizzly G1023RLX!

I wanted to upgrade from my old Craftsman contractor saw and decided to get a cabinet saw. I've been researching and trying to decide what saw I wanted to buy. I looked at used PM66s, new PMs, Deltas, SawStop, Jet, Grizzly, etc. In the end, I decided to grab the Grizzly with the 52" fence, mobile base, and a zero clearance insert. I placed my order this past Tuesday morning and it shipped yesterday.

The saw base and insert shipped Tuesday and showed up today.
    SawBase.jpg

UPS freight called me a couple hours ago to schedule the delivery of the saw. Looks like if everything works out OK I'll receive my new saw tomorrow.

Congrats!! Nothing better than delivery of a new tool. After 3 years, I still love my G0123RL. Remember, no pictures didn't happen.

I'll definitely take pics. Can't wait for it to show up. Ordered my Forrest WWII and woodpecker gauge for setup too. They should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

Congratulations,

They are good decent saws for the money. Enjoy your purchase.

I've had my G1023RLX for three years now and am still very happy with it. Good luck with yours. The anticipation of a new large tool is really fun.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a Grizzly G1023SLX for sale near me for $800 would that be a good price for a used G1023SLX?

I am VERY happy with my 1023RLWX. Like you I upgraded from a Craftsman saw which I actually was pretty happy with, after adding a Delta Unifence years ago (except for lack of power). That Unifence now resides on my 1023. The fence that came from Grizzly with the saw is still in the unopened box.

I do understand the Grizzly fence is pretty good. I was just happy with the Unifence and did not want to change.

Enjoy your new saw. It is an order of magnitude better than the Craftsman.

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post
    There is a Grizzly G1023SLX for sale near me for $800 would that be a good price for a used G1023SLX?
    Michael, one of our members has a killer deal in the classifieds. Nj so not too far for you. They seem to be well loved by owners.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Ladendorf View Post
    Michael, one of our members has a killer deal in the classifieds. Nj so not too far for you. They seem to be well loved by owners.
    Doug
    That is a great deal but it is probably a couple hour drive for me to get the saw.

UPS Freight just called to make sure it was ok to deliver the saw today. Yeehaw!!

Post some pics when you get it. Hear guys really like this model.

Blog Entries
    Congrats. Don't let your excitement get the better of you when it comes time to inspect the shipment. Note any damage and take pics if present. In a worst case it is much easier to refuse shipment than to try to return a saw ;-) All that being said, I have never had a heavy machine damaged in shipment and I have a few.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Delivered around 2pm today. Used the Kubota to get it out of the semi and into the shop.
    IMG_5551 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5550 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5552 (Medium).jpg

Lift sure does come in handy for all kinds of things. Used it to lift it off the pallet and onto the base.
    IMG_5553 (Medium).jpg
    Last edited by Jared Yost; 02-28-2014 at 4:15 PM.

Most of the shipping crap off and the left wing temporarily attached.
    IMG_5555 (Medium).jpg

Damage on the right side extension.
    IMG_5554 (Medium).JPG

I have the 691 and love it. I helped a fellow Creeker unpack his 1023 a couple years ago, and it looked like a keeper also.
    On the damage to the right side extension...mine was damaged in shipping too. I had already planned to build a bigger one and move the rails to the right, so I contacted Grizzly and they were very nice to work out a swap for something I needed, and it probably came out well for them price wise too. Either way, they will take care of you. If you just want a replacement top, go that route. Hopefully it will be in stock so you won't have a long down time. Congrats on the new saw!!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.