Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordered my new Grizzly G1023RLX!

Sorry for the delay guys.

Not knowing when I would receive my replacement right wing extension, I went ahead and assembled the machine.

IMG_5568 (Medium).jpg

My outfeed roller table showed up last Thursday.

IMG_5578 (Medium).jpg

IMG_5579 (Medium).jpg

Grizzly accidentally shipped me a cast iron right extension wing from the smaller saw. I spoke with them on Friday and got the OK to keep the extension. My thought was to go ahead and install the cast iron wing, cut off the damaged part of the wood table, and install it. The more metal the better, right?

Cast wing installed.
    IMG_5602 (Medium).jpg

Table extension cut down, insert cut and glued in.
    IMG_5603 (Medium).jpg

Cut piece.
    IMG_5604 (Medium).jpg

Very nice congrats! More cast iron less extension table good call. I approve of your choice of saw, roller outfeed table, and tractor

htc2.jpg

b1.jpg

Nice! I would love to have a backhoe attachment for mine.

Here's another toy.
    Picture 013.jpg

Nah, I'd tell 'em to send another cast iron wing and you'd call it even!!! That will work. Good looking set up. Now enjoy that bad boy. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Nah, I'd tell 'em to send another cast iron wing and you'd call it even!!! That will work. Good looking set up. Now enjoy that bad boy. Jim.
    I'm a little lost. They did send me a cast iron wing, which isn't what was needed. They let me keep it and cut down my stock wood table to remove the damage.

I think after getting the free cast iron wing I would have left the damaged wood extension as is and not even worried about it. It wasn't enough of a chip to have made me all bent out of shape. Don't get me wrong I would have been pissed but when that beautiful cast iron hunk of metal showed up on my front steps I would have forgotten about that little chip. You also can just make a new one with laminate that is probably significantly nicer than the one that came with the saw.

Enjoy your new tool it looks like a beauty and I am just a bit jealous chip and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post
    I think after getting the free cast iron wing I would have left the damaged wood extension as is and not even worried about it. It wasn't enough of a chip to have made me all bent out of shape. Don't get me wrong I would have been pissed but when that beautiful cast iron hunk of metal showed up on my front steps I would have forgotten about that little chip. You also can just make a new one with laminate that is probably significantly nicer than the one that came with the saw.

Enjoy your new tool it looks like a beauty and I am just a bit jealous chip and all!
    I did consider doing that but it stuck out about 9" past the rails. Not only is the saw pretty large as it is, I was afraid I would end up damaging the wood if it stuck out.