Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I pulled the trigger today at the ARA show...

I pulled the trigger today at the ARA show...

On a Trotec Speedy 300 80W.
    I spent a lot of time the last couple of days here with the Trotec and ULS reps (as well as owners/users), peppering them with questions and sampling requests. Can you say badgered? lol. Hey, no regrets there!
    Of course everyone had some good show prices going, and Trotec was right in there and worked with me the whole way. It was a tough decision between the ULS (PLS 6.75) and a Speedy 300. They both looked very good to me. When I factored everything in and crunched the numbers, it was a green light for the 300. I am happy with my decision, and look forward to getting going.

Thanks to everyone who offered me feedback on my earlier posts asking for help in the process. It was invaluable in asking the right questions while here. I am very appreciative. Now the real work begins...

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Now you have to update your signature block to.... Trotec 300 Probie
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Congratulations Don! Welcome to the family!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Well,yet another guy gets the one I want.

Congratulations Don. Great choice.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Great purchase! Congratulations, you will be very happy with your choice.

Robert
    Robert Tepper
    Trotec Rayjet 300/80 Watt
    Dahlgren 500 Engraving Machine, CNC Engraving Machine
    Pad printer with 5 3/4 x 5 3/4" print area
    Jackson Vulcanizers, 15 x 24", three total
    Hegner Scroll Saws, 14", three total

hey thanks everybody... Now it's time to execute my plan to pay for this at the blackjack table

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Haha I tried that last year, ended up having to drown my sorrows as well

You won't regret buying the 300
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Well done mate - welcome to the Trotec family!
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Blog Entries
    Congrats Don!!!! I am jealous!!! I will keep playing with my laser pointer and pretend I am engraving things with it!!! <grin> Let us know how it goes and if you have some time, do a bit of a write up on the experience like Dan has been doing.

Good luck at the tables too!! <grin>

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congrats! Looking forward to one of my own some day. Post us some unboxing pics!

I think you will be happy with your decision. I would avoid the blackjack table though.
    Anderson CNC Router, Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt.

My speedy 300 finally arrived yesterday afternoon. Oh the joy! All in all, from order date to delivery was just over one month.

I wanted to post a few pictures of the unpacking, but wasn't able to take any because it turned out to be a hectic afternoon. I had to move fast due to an incoming snow storm, a late delivery by the shipping company, and a couple of friends who took time off work to help me lift the head unit onto the stand. At over 300 lbs, it took all three of us to lift it from the crate and place it onto the stand. But after some quick assembly of the stand (which side is front??), aligning the unit into place, and a couple of bolts, I had it together and wheeled it into place next to the exhaust system I installed earlier. To top it all, when I first called the trotec rep to go over a couple of things before assembling, I found out he was down with food poisoning in albuquerque, and was running behind schedule for our training meeting on friday. He still plans to make it here on friday, but he was quite happy he won't have to lift anything heavy.

The delivery weight of the system was 600+ lbs, and fortunately I was able to get the shipper to wheel it directly into the garage/shop before the storm hit. Good thing because this morning there was a fresh 2" of very wet snow on the ground. It is safe and sound now.

Today I will connect the laser to my exhaust system, which I set up to align as well as I could with the outlet port - 26" on center from floor to port outlet. It looks spot on. All I need to do is get a short coupling and clamp it into place, and it will be ready to go for the rep on friday.

*edit: updated signature!

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Blog Entries
    Yow!

Congrats to you!! Have fun on Friday!!!!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Welcome to the Trotec family Don! It was wonderful getting to meet you at ARA and I am glad that everything was delivered before the storm hit.
    Trotec Laser, Inc.
    Marketing

Congratulations, Don, it sounds like you have planned ahead well for your new toy's arrival. Now comes the fun part, engraving everything in sight! Have fun and keep records for your future work.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong