Thread: Blade Guard for old Craftsman table saw

Blade Guard for old Craftsman table saw

I'm new here, looks like a good group for an amateur hack of a woodworker. A friend gave me a great old Craftsman table saw. The model number shown on the motor is 113-12006 and I would like to find a blade guard assembly for it. It appears very similar to the current models, but I'm not certain if the current ones will fit. Also, does anyone know how old these are? Is there a spot that will ID the manufacture date? I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Marty

Marty,
    Look on this site (see link) for info. Let us know the # of the saw, rather than the motor. If there is no# on the saw, should be able to find a pic. of it here. http://vintagemachinery.org/

First place I would look is at the Sears parts website. Next stop, eBay. I'd be willing to bet you that a 3rd place to check will not be necessary. Oh, and by the way... Welcome to SMC!

You might check with the guys at Sharkguard. They probably make a guard bracket that will fit. And you can put overhead dust collection on your saw. The coolest addition is overhead dust collection, the saw doesn't throw dust in your eyes as you cut a board.