Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powermatic 1150 finally up and running

I don't think you'll have much luck getting advice on the shipping from here as it's likely to be a bit different process than over there? I would talk to a local importer about what you want to do. You probably don't need your own container, which I'm assuming the $10k was for. But instead could possibly buy space in another container that's not full.

good luck,
    JeffD

Talk to a shipping company dealing with LCL (less than a container load). Most of them do this. I pay about $250 US freight per pallet (5 feet by 5 feet by 4 feet) to ship from Miami. A 900lb jointer cost about $300 to ship. Local handling charges are about $50 US. Freight forwarders will consolidate items for you to make one shipment. You will have to pay a broker to clear the items for you and you may have to pay import duties.

MK

I don't even know who to ask because every freight forwarder I have seen just has an email form and when I email them for a quote they do not answer.

How is it that you have to pay import duties for items you already own? Can't you mark it as gift?