Ever had one of those days?

Destroyed $24 worth of oak trying to resaw it ... didn't notice the creep out at the bottom until it was too late. On my second try, the same thing happened (think I need to re-think my resawing jig setup). A quick trip to Home Depot for some more oak (since the hardwood store had already closed), and I was able to get the two planks I needed. Then drilled through the inside face of a piece of mahogany not once, but twice, when assembling the last plank. And, the plank I had carefully resawed and planed down to 5/32, then rabbetted the ends so they would meet well at stem and stern split in two at the final turn of the final screw. Not just a small end split, mind you, but all along the length.

I carefully removed the screws and pulled the plank away, tossed it with the other "junk" wood for final disposition later, wiped the glue off the remaining parts I hadn't had time to destroy yet, and looked around the shop. Destruction everywhere. Turned off the lights, and decided it was time for a shower.

I'll clean up the shop tomorrow, but probably won't turn on a machine. Too many other things to do this weekend, and I have to buy more wood. "More wood?"

I know I'll salvage the wood for other projects, and a new day may bring a new perspective. At the very least, I have a baseline for a bad day in the shop, and things have to get better from here! At least I can say it was just "one of those days," because I have had better, and will again.