Thread: Finally back to a little turning.

Finally back to a little turning.

Due to some health issues I just haven't felt like being in the shop for a while. Finally getting back to it. It took a while but I finally wired the shop for a 220V 20A circuit for the new lathe CX802 from Busy Bee tools. Entered the Antler, bone etc contest with this pen and took 3rd place. I plan to give it to a young friend of my wife's who is getting married this fall for a wedding pen. Used a section of moose antler that is almost pure white. She hasn't seen it yet and right now has her eye on a spring blossom rollerball in bog oak. I think she will likely change her mind. The chisel handles were turned from Brazilian rosewood to replace the broken and missing handles. The chisels used to belong to my grandfather and my father gave them to me a couple weeks ago. The two on the right are German made and the rest are from a Swedish set. It's pretty obvious which one got used the most.

chisels.jpgpen1.JPG
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Sorry to hear about your health problems, Rick. Glad you are back in the shop. That 802 is quite a jump from the LA200!

Take care
    Bob

Nice pen Rick, she will enjoy it I'm sure. Nice work on the chisels. Glad you are feeling better!
    John 3:16

Good to hear you are feeling good enough to go back to your shop and do some turning Rick, I'm still not back to the state I was before my ordeal, also this long cold winter hasn't helped much for me.

Real nice work on that pen Rick, plus nice chisel handles as well, keep healthy and enjoy
    Have fun and take care

Nice work on the pens and chisel handles. Glad you are feeling better.