Thread: Dewalt Lightweight DW368 & 369 Circular Saws

Dewalt Lightweight DW368 & 369 Circular Saws

First sorry, don't mean to clutter up the board with CS posts, however, looking for some specific information on these saws and I didn't want to steer any other current post in another direction... so I apologize.
    As I posted yesterday I am considering the PC 4 1/2 Trim Saw for ripping down sheet goods etc. It is a little pricey at 200.00 but appears to be worth it. I don't want to have to spend that much money if I don't have to.
    The Dewalts mentioned above are sold as 7 1/4 saws but very lightweight, basically 9 1/2 lbs. Is any body using one of these 2 saws? Are you happy with them? Pros & Cons? The 369 is a little tricked up model with positive idents at the typical angles and a little beefier composite base. The advantage of this is that if I ever decide I want to utilize the EZ System, that the Dewalt would work with it. This may never ever materialize as I like using my 2 guide clamps for both CS and Router work. Anyway, what do you guys think of the Dewalt? Is this a worthy consideration for a lighweight trim use or is it still just to big of a brute for trim work?

Thanks,
    Corey

Thank you,

Don't know anything about the new Dewalts, but I have the PC 4 1/2 trim saw and love it. It's a little ( well maybe a lot) on the expensive side, but it's a great little saw.

Bob

Corey, I bought the DW368 last year after my old Mastercraft died. The reason I picked the DW368 was for its robust fittings (for tilt & depth) and its lighter weight than most. I have used it on pine, oak and cedar a lot over the past year and am very satisfied with it. I use a 40-tooth, carbide tip blade for all cuts, including plywood. The DW368 has a 5" dimension from the outside of the sawblade to the outside edge of the sole plate, which is handy for guided cuts. The only gripe I have with the saw is that the depth adjustment lever is a knuckle-buster if you are not careful.
    Bryan in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Look alive! Here comes a buzzard! -- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. -- Groucho Marx.

Thanks Bobby and Bryan, appreciate it.

Corey