Thread: Would you buy this Delta Bandsaw kit???

Would you buy this Delta Bandsaw kit???

Saw this at Redmond- machinery, so I thought I would pass it on. What do you think, is it worth $295+shipping?
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott Loven; 04-12-2005 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Would like more feedback

Well, if you have a motor and the stuff to make a stand lying around then it's probably a very good deal. If not, you might spend around $300 (my gusstimate) to buy and build what's needed to complete the project. Could be fun.

I have a 3/4" delta motor, the cabinet should be easy to make. Now that I think about it, I could make it so the table height was more suited to my height (6"6"). I just talked to them and was quoted $117 to ship to my work location in Iowa.
    Scott

So...did you buy it Scott? I am seriously considering it for myself. Shipping costs add up fast though. I see they are selling 18 of them on ebay for $150 in shipping charges. I wonder if a wood stand would cause problems or if I would need to find someone to weld a stand for me.

Looks like a deal to me, a wood stand would be fine, just add some sand as ballast and it would probably be better than metal.

You can buy 2 hp motors import from $100, to a Lesson for $200 and you would have a heck of a saw.

That looks like a great deal. I have the same bandsaw but changed the motor to a 3hp Baldor. The frame handles the extra power beautifuly. It is now the bandsaw I always wanted.

craig
    eclecticwoodworking.com

Nope...

Scott,
    I just purchased a 28-276 from Lowes here's the breakdown. Lowes reg price is $399.00. Another local store had it on sale for $359.99. With the 10% price gaurantee put the Lowes price down to $323.99. Tack on a $30.00 rebate from Delta brought the price down to $293.99. Take away another $30.00 gift card rebate from Lowes brought it down to $263.99. Granted it is only a 3/4 horse and an open stand but for $263.99 how could it be wrong?
    Greg

Three hundred seems a little steep to me. Take a look at the Grizzly. I love mine.
    Wes Newman

"Where did all of my money go? "

No way.....no motor, no stand and only a 6 month warranty? Even a recon has a whole year. I'd buy Grizzly's new one instead.

Well...against some folks advice, and "with" the blessing of others...I will take delivery in 3-4 days.

I purchased one of these Delta "Bandsaw Kits" along with a Jet base from a fellow creeker a while back and would like to paint the base "delta gray" to match the rest of the saw. Any ideas on how to come up with a paint match?
    I would like to use a can of off the shelf spray paint, or brush on enamel.
    Thanks
    Scott