Thread: Show specials?

Show specials?

I am thinking of heading to the Northeast woodworkers association show in Saratoga Springs. Having never been to this type of event, are there typically "show specials"? Lee Valley, Lie-Nielsen, DMT, and other vendors will be there.

Thanks,
    Drew

List of vendors:
    Adirondack Folk School
    American Association of Woodturners
    Bad Dog Burl Source
    Bad Dog Tools
    Berkshire Vaneer Co.
    Buttermilk Hill Specialty Lumber
    Chefware Kits
    CT Valley School of Woodworking
    Curtis Lumber
    DAO-P Inc
    DMT Diamond Machine Technology
    Epilog Laser
    Featherbow LLC
    Garrett Hack + Sheila Landry (Class)
    Hannes Tool
    Heartwood School
    Keller Dovetail System
    Ken Miller (demonstrating)
    Kurt Hertzog
    Lee Valley Tools
    Lyle Jamieson
    Maplewood Center for Common Craft
    NY Forest Owners
    Patriot Guard Riders
    Planeperfect.com LLC
    Print Says Graphics
    Quality Engraving
    Ridge Carbide Tool
    Soc.Of Amer. Period Furniture Makers
    Stadtlander Woodcarving
    Vogt Toolworks
    Wynn Environmental

As an NWA member and volunteer I can say that the answer is a qualified "Yes". LV and LN usually offer free shipping and no sales tax as their discount. They don't bring a lot of stock to the shows-just tools to try there. Most other vendors have some sort of "special" pricing as well. I can't exactly what it might be. You'll just have to go and check it all out.

Don't forget to look at the lecture schedule-all are included at no extra cost with addmission. The Gallery is usually unbelievable too. This is the largest woodworking show in the Northeast and is put on entirely by volunteers! I'll be working one of the doors on Sunday morning if you want to say hello.

Just to confuse things a little, there is also a woodturning symposium called Totally Turning being held at the same place and time. This has a much different admission price.

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/information.htm

http://www.totallyturning.com/

Just so you know, this is most definitely NOT one of "The Woodworking Shows". It is an independant show done by VOLUNTEERS! It is the main fundraiser for the organization.

Hope to see you there!
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

This is a great event!! This will make my third year in that last four that I have attended. As Don said , the gallery is outstanding and most venders have "show pricing"
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

You can get LN with free shipping any day from Highland Woodworking. Lee Valley offers free shipping at the shows and every once in a great while. Some vendors offer "show specials" but be cautious; at the Woodworking Shows Peach Tree actually increases prices at the show as compared to their catalog prices.

One advantage of the shows are that you can see LN and Veritas side-by-side. After seeing the two next to each other, I purchased the Veritas planes. Enjoy yourself.

Blog Entries
    Be a wise shopper, take your woodworking catalogs with you or know what you might be looking for and be prepared by knowing the current prices. Some vendors offer specials and some offer discounts off of "Manufacutrer's recommended retail price" which most places beat every day.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute