Thread: Speedy 300 first projects.

Speedy 300 first projects.

Whilst these might not be much to you guys, I'm very pleased with some of my first attempts. Sold my first chopping board today...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Cheers, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!

Steve nice start, is this your first laser experience? Your going to have a ball burning stuff.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Steve, great work. Looks very clean and clear.

Just a small thing on that chopping board, the design doesn't seem centre. Maybe you could have marked with a pencil the dead centre and positioned the laser head there....then centred your artwork to the head to get it bang on.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Thanks for the compliments guys... Yes Bert, it's my first three days working with any laser equipment, I'm trying out lots of different items and designs. But I'm a fast learner.

Jit, you're right it should have been done like that. In fact I didn't know you could do it that way in JC until you mentioned it now - but it is obvious... Doh! I was trying to line it up in the corner of the bed, but of course it has curved edges so it was really difficult. I've just tried lining something up centrally to the pointer and it works like a dream... Thank you so much for that tip. It is a learning process still... Like I said I've only been using it for under three days

Cheers, Steve

Just remember, to your customers "You are the Expert" 3 days or 3 years keep learning..... and oh ya... Have fun!
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

No worries Steve - for three days, thats impressive work. You will learn something everyday with these machines.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic