I am new to this Forum and find every ones input and experience extremely useful and valuable. I purchased a PM66 saw last night for what I think was an very good deal at $350. The table has a lot of rust that will clean up, the saw ran well and sounded good with no vibration. As near as I could tell, it is in great mechanical shape. It came with the standard Accufence. The serial number is 9766612. I think this indicates it is a 1997 model year. ( I will attempt to attach a picture)

I have a few questions for those with experience with this saw.

1.) Is $350 as good a deal as I think it is?

2.) What are my best options for a riving knife if available, or a splitter and blade guard. The saw has none of these things. I have read some threads on this site and a few others, but most of them are dated. Most seem to recommend the Beisemeyer splitter, the Sharkguard, and microjig for a splitter. Are there any newer options? What about a guard to go in combination with one of the above?

3.) How heavy is this thing? I am planning on renting a truck with a lift gate to move it. (picking it up Saturday) I eventually want to put it on a mobile base. Thinking about buying a base at Woodcraft and putting it on to roll it on the the lift gate. Any experience or ideas with that?

4.) I need a manual. I have found several on Vintage Machinery, but they don't specify which years (except for a couple from the early eighties) Are all these saws basically the same, or do I need a manusl specifically for a 1997? if so any other sources to locate one.

5.) Lastly, anything I should do/check for set up before I try to use this saw? Lubrication? it has been in a garage in Indiana and has not been used much for a couple of years.

Thanks for the help and input. I really appreciate it

PM66.jpg