Thread: Dizzy bowl

Dizzy bowl

Was looking a Dennis Edwards web (http://www.dennyedwards.com/New%20Mo...-1014-pop.html) on Dizzy bowls and had to try make some. Small one (7”) was first attempt and the second one was to be 16”. However several failures resulted in only 12.5. The ring thickness is 1/4” which after completed is too thick. Think it takes practice to get the rotation correct also. Comments welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It does make me dizzy. Good workmanship, I think the pattern would drive me nuts while working on it.

Nice work. I can easily see why they are called "dizzy" bowls. Bowl #2 looks very much like 3D.

Jim

I can't get video to play and my virus protection says it's a threat...
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Nice work, Bob. I just finished putting a finish on my first attempt. I'll take pics later. Yours have more colours in them than mine, and are, therefore, more interesting, I think.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Michelle: I can't speak to the virus message, but Denny's videos do not start automatically, as some others do. You need to click the very small play flech at the bottom of the video screen.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Bob, I think you have the rotation going in the wrong direction.

just kidding... Those are really cool! Can we see a side view?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    I can't get video to play and my virus protection says it's a threat...
    I think I've watched every video on his site and never had a warning or problem. Most his videos are also on Youtube.

Well done! I can see why they are called dizzy bowls. Lots of interesting patterns.

Jeff,
    I'll take that in account next time.

Bob

thanks for the info, Grant.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

WOW! Looks great I would love to see a side view picture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by william biba View Post
    WOW! Looks great I would love to see a side view picture as well.
    Ok William, here are photos of side view. I turned them upside down which show the design. Photography is not my expertize, (not sure what is either)IMG_0621.JPGIMG_0619.JPG

Bob