Thread: Road Trip!!!!

Thumbs up Road Trip!!!!

I'm on my way this weekend to see my daughter in Dallas. So far I don't like the place at all just been there 3-4 times before but haven't ventured out much. What good places are there to shop for woodworking stuff in the Dallas area coming in from the east on I-30. Seems like I've heard people talk about a woodcraft or something at a mall in the area. Maybe I can offer to take my wife and daughter there for an evening out on the town.

They both have a birthday this week and I'm going the distance just for them but if I get a chance to have a woodworking shopping trip you can bet I'll do it in a minute..

Any of you creekers live on the way down to dallas from arkansas??
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

R & R

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager
    So far I don't like the place at all just been there 3-4 times before but haven't ventured out much.
    Jim, in another life, in another galaxy far far away and very long ago, my wife and I lived in Mena, Arkansas. We would go th Dallas every 8 to 9 months for R & R. My woodworking inerests were dormant then, as were many of my other interests, but Dallas fed those that remianed alive - thankfully. It's all in your perspective. Relax and enjoy it. Dallas has a lot to recommend it, and it probably has plenty to engage a woodworker's interests. Think Mesquite.

Well Jim...
    Dont know what your after or looking for. But its going to be shop tours, tool dealers or lumber yards.

You may wish to vist Odie White Machinery in Duncanville, TX. Dont really know how close that is to Dallas however. But Odie has a bunch of cool woodworking machines and a tour though his inventory should keep you entertained.

Odie White Machinery
    P. O. Box 380490
    Duncanville, TX 75138-0490
    (972) 780-0401

By the way, I have no connections with Odie. In fact, we have never met personally.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Here's a couple of addresses to get you started:

<TABLE id=ypResultAll cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dallas Woodcraft Inc

(214) 638-2270
    </TD><TD>2829 Sea Harbor Rd

Dallas, TX Map
    </TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE id=ypResultAll cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Rockler Woodworking & Hardware

(972) 613-8848
    </TD><TD>18661 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy

Mesquite, TX Map
    </TD><TD>10.1

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Rockler Woodworking & Hardware

(817) 417-0070
    </TD><TD>4624 S Cooper St

Arlington, TX Map
    </TD><TD>20.9

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE id=ypResultAll cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Curly Woods
    (469) 742-0097 </TD><TD>1006 N Tennessee St
    McKinney, TX Map </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

If you want, give me a shout and maybe we can get together. i am usually i the shop one day over the weekend.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Thanks guys, don't know how much runnin around time I'm gonna get. Just talked to the daughter down there and seems that she has it all planned out. Maybe I can squeeze in a little time for ME!!!!!!!
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.