Thread: Let's talk Laguna 14-12

Let's talk Laguna 14-12

If you own one of Laguna's 14-12 band saws, are you experiencing any vibration issues?

After I got the table level so that I could slide a board across it without the board catching on the blade slot due to the tables unevenness the next unresolved problem is the units vibration. I can place a block of pine 3'' x 4'' on the table and if left alone it will vibrate off the table. Tech support has sent new tires that made no improvement. After trying many things with the tech support department over the phone, they are sending me new saw.

While at Woodcrafters yesterday I was talking with someone that was having similar issues. I am curious if anyone else outside of my little corner of the world were having the same problems?

In closing I must say that Laguna's tech support department leaves nothing to be desired, they have been very pleasant and knowledgeable with each of my calls and I applaud them.

Have a great day and Happy Easter!

I have had no issues with my Laguna 14-12. Pleased to read their tech support is good

Wonder if it would vibrate that much if take off the interesting shaped stand it is on and bolted to a bench or a stand with some mass.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Wonder if it would vibrate that much if take off the interesting shaped stand it is on and bolted to a bench or a stand with some mass.
    Great question and I have thought the exact same thing. If it stays in my shop, it might get a redesigned/beefier stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Holmes View Post
    I have had no issues with my Laguna 14-12. Pleased to read their tech support is good
    This is encouraging.

Did you try running it without a band?. One method of tracking down vibration issues is first remove the blade. If the vibration stops, look at either the blade or top wheel. If it vibrates with the blade removed, remove the lower wheel and run it again. If it still vibrates with just the lower shaft, belt and motor in the picture, remove the belt. If that stops the vibration it's either the shaft, pulley or belt. If it vibrates with the belt removed, what else could be the issue except an imbalance in the motor, motor pulley or poor mounts?