Thread: Great customer service from Powermatic and Nevins Machinery Concepts

Great customer service from Powermatic and Nevins Machinery Concepts

I ordered a Powermatic 3520b lathe from Todd Nevins at Nevins Machinery Concepts during the recent Powermatic sale. Todd gave me a great price, beating all of his competitors I price checked by a significant amount.

When the lathe was delivered today, I discovered the power inverter case was broken and the door on the inverter was opened and bound up. I think the shipping company may have been a little rough and shoved the box around by hand and pushed in the wrong place.

A single quick call to Linda at Powermatic and a new inverter was on order to be rushed my way.

I'll have a brief delay to get the new lathe spinning but I have nothing but compliments for Todd Nevins and Powermatic.

Greg

Greg,

I purchased my PM through Todd during one of the sales events and he beat all the competitors also. He provided great service and even did a follow up call to make sure the delivery went well and to see if I was satisfied. Excellent customer service and price.

Greg McClurg

I had a problem with a casting on the tension release lever on my brand new Powermatic bandsaw and Linda gave me fantastic service. While I had her on the phone, I ordered a replacement latch for my Jet bandsaw and she included the part free of charge. Granted it was only a $3 part, but she didn't have to do that.

Todd called today. He mentioned he was aware I had contacted Powermatic and a new inverter was on the way. He was curious as to what had caused the inverter to be broken. I relayed my suspicions about the shipper trying to manhandle the 650 plus lbs. box around. He asked me to let him know when the machine is up and running.

Powermatic told me the replacement inverter should be here Monday and gave me a tracking number. Great work by Powermatic getting the part shipped quickly and excellent follow up after the sale by Todd. It is nice to know there are still people and companies out there who understand what good customer service is all about.

+1 on my experience with Nevins Machinery. I ordered a 12" Jet J/P and a steel bandsaw. Great experience.