Thread: Had a good laugh at this CL ad. Must be gold lined

Had a good laugh at this CL ad. Must be gold lined

http: // indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4377787891.html
    Last edited by John Keeton; 03-19-2014 at 7:45 PM. Reason: Remove CL link

It's because it's vintage.

Heck! I'm vintage, but nobody would pay that much for me.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

4. Someone who tries to sell a craftsman monotube lathe for $600 just does not know the value and obviously has no clue about innovations in wood lathes in the last few years..........for a beginner who cannot afford a lathe, this would be an okay starter lathe, but I would not pay more than $75 for it, and that is generous unless the tools are included!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

This was my first lathe in 1977 when I started turning. Wish I could remember what I paid, but wasn't anywhere near $600 though!!

The work bench is rather unique...
    Fred

I have one sitting under a bench that I would let go for $599.00 lol. The only reason I bought mine was for the box of 20 tools that came with it along with a bench and duplicator, all or $80.00.
    Scott

Oh, and did he mention it came with all the tools and that spiffy bench?

I'd give you $600 for that lathe and few bars of gold.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Very few deals on CL any more. I'm really don't like to look at the tool section anymore just because it is full of CRAP tools for HIGH $$. Just want to complain to everyone that posts a crapsman tool for anything above $1. If you want a good laugh head over to lumberjocks and check out the CL post section. Its up to 44 pages of funny tool ads off CL. I check it out about once a week. Love it.

Jack
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

Jack up to a point I agree with you about Craftsman tools BUT there are some older floor model 50's - mid 60"s Craftsman tools that were pretty good tools.

This was back in a time when you purchased things like the table-saw $60 & wings $25 & motor $35 separately & built your own base. Wages were $2.00 - $2.50 an hour. Dad purchased new a 1957 Gold anniversary addition Craftsman table-saw for somewhere close to the prices I listed & built a desk for a paying customer the desk payed for the saw. He did another project that paid for the jointer & another for the 10" RAS. I still have all his tools accept the drill-press which my sister wanted. Dad did these projects on the side to fund the purchase of his major tools.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen