Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Woodwright Shop quality

Quote Originally Posted by Mansell Bettez View Post
    How about "Beginner, Intermediate, Not Fine but Good, George Wilson".
    Looks good to me!

If you want some great instruction on hand tool woodworking on furniture grade stuff, check out Paul Sellers at PaulSellers.com and his sister site where you can join for a small monthly fee and watch a new video weekly at woodworkingmasterclasses.com. I personally love him as a teacher of hand tool methods and he goes into great detail on most things. His work seems to always turn out great as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Berlin View Post
    I, check out Paul Sellers at PaulSellers.com and his sister site where you can join for a small monthly fee and watch a new video weekly at woodworkingmasterclasses.com. I personally love him as a teacher of hand tool methods and he goes into great detail on most things. His work seems to always turn out great as well.

Paul was the master woodworker at Homestead Heritage when I took classes, making furniture with handtools. He is everything Greg says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Paul was the master woodworker at Homestead Heritage when I took classes, making furniture with handtools. He is everything Greg says about him.
    SWMBO bought me his DVD set & book as a present a few years ago. After you put aside the "production sights & sounds" it does an excellent job at presenting basic means and methods. This would have been an excellent purchase for me 35 years earlier than I got it, but still interesting as a refresher/reminder. The book is better than the DVD's.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

5. Tommy Macs podcasts are available on his website. I just watched an episode last night{Bombay Secretary} he was using an LN #8, giving it high marks for its quality.

Good, it sounds like a large part (or maybe all?) of the stuff is back. I watched the bombe episodes back as they were coming out - a great series of videos.

I caught Roy pretty much from the beginning. My impression was that he was better back then. He was at a point about 10 years ago were nothing in his demos ever seemed to come off, and then in more recent seasons, he seems to be back on track against, and has started the school, which should get one back on one's toes. I am not saying any of this in criticism. I sorta assumed that he was at one time a beginer, and super into it, and then he was a pro. I figured somewhere in there with his other businesses, kids, whatever, he got slack, and has found it again. None of that may be true, but it was the impression I got from watching the shows. And it is a pretty common trajectory for most people.

One of his professions is communications, another subject he has written on. He is not going to let the details stop him from communicating with the audience with some stunt, or story.