Thread: Just bought a Unisaw

Just bought a Unisaw

I've been researching/looking for a unisaw for quite a while. The good ones go quick & I really didn't want 3 phase if I didn't have too.

Today I picked up this beauty . It's a 1945 Unisaw, repainted & gone thru. I like the looks of the older ones. I would have loved to have redone it myself but , I can't justify taking the time to do that when I have paying jobs lined up. Kinda feel like the guy that buy's a muscle car and takes it to a cruise.

Paid $ 850, he said he had others lined up if I fell thru, so I didn't even try to haggle. Has a 1.5 motor wired for 110.

How did I do ?

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice addition to your shop,I had one afew yrs ago and regret selling it.That saw will run for the rest of your life,back then they were made to last.Congrats----Carroll

I like the look of old machines too. The new ones have no style. $850 seems like a good deal to me.

~mark

My Unisaw is a few years newer, but essentially identical to yours. Mine has built a lot of furniture and cabinets in the last thirty years.

The one significant remodel I've done is to put a newer fence on mine. The original-equipment Jet-Lock fence wouldn't always clamp down parallel to the blade, so I always set the fence by measuring at the front of the blade and at the rear. I now have a Biesemeyer clone.

I had a 1 1/2 HP unisaw for about 10 years, then got a 3HP 20 years ago. Sold the 1 1/2 for $1,000 without even advertising it. A guy came to the garage door while trick or treating with his kids. It was a great saw.

Rick Potter

You may have some purchase regrets in your lifetime, but this won't be one of them. Mine has not skipped a beat since I introduced it to my shop 25 years ago.

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    I love mine. Been cutting for 27 years no break downs. But you gota throw out the jet lock and put a good fence on it and really get the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    A guy came to the garage door while trick or treating with his kids. It was a great saw. Rick Potter
    That's funny. I have had to fend off several guys from making offers on my tools in the garage (that aren't for sale) when I'm having a yard sale. Even when the items for sale are nowhere near the garage and I have signs that clearly state the tools in garage are NOT for sale, some guys make offers on certain tools. Doesn't bother me at all, it's funny, and I do the same thing when I see something I really admire. I know it's very unlikely the person will sell it, but it's a way to compliment them by saying I really like their choice of tools, they buy quality stuff, yada, yada. It's fun.