Thread: Do you have something in your shop that you'll never use?

Do you have something in your shop that you'll never use?

Why not give it to someone on this forum that could.

I have a SP-0125 Green splitter (1/8") that I will not be using.

If you want it, let me know where to send it.

John

I have this neat kit for threading wood. I got it unused for a quarter of retail and thought it would be a shame to need it some day and not have bought it.

I also have that great mortising jig (I think maybe it was a Jessem?) that cost almost nothing. I have never used it and probably never will, but it is just such a nice tool that I wouldn't consider parting with it.

When I moved a year ago I sold a bunch of mistakes that weren't so cool at my garage sale.

Blog Entries
    A good thought John. I have shared several items with others over the years. I always feel good when something I bought that I "just had to have" turned out to be neglected and unused and finds a willing home in another's shop.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I inherited these wood grain rollers. I was thinking to throw them away but if anybody really wants them let me know

Measure once, cut twice, burn the evidence.

Wade, I have been thinking of building myself a mortising jig for a while. Is this something that would fit the bill for a beginner woodworker? And could you show me a pic or give me a model number? Thanks Pat

My shop is a shared space shop, and pretty much everything wood related I will use, however I do have a Haynes manual for Ford Rangers, and Jeep CJ series that I won't use again. Well the Jeep one maybe if I can find a worthwhile restoration CJ-7 or CJ-8 Scrambler but I digress...

I have a few spare oil filters for same said 2000 Ranger V-6.

I am mailing out a General Revolving Turret doweling jig, and a General EZ Pocket Hole jig to a member / pastor friend of mine on Lumberjocks...

I have an ancient Stant radiator pressure tester from my years as a mechanic that needs new leather cup seals and probably some O rings... Not even sure if you can still get the parts for this, I bought it from a fellow that was retiring when I started working as a mechanic, the set is probably older than I am, and would need well over $100.00 in adapters to use with modern cars... I should get rid of it...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I was going to donate some of my stuff to the Triangle Lake Carter school last year when some of us here did that.

Then I got looking at it. Between the stuff I might need some day and the stuff I just plain wanted to keep it was pretty well down to bent nails. I ended up buying new stuff for the kids and keeping my old stuff. Hey, you never know.
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

I have a Grizzly drill press mortising rig and that I'll never use since I built my horizontal mortiser. I'd have to check what diameter it fits if someone's interested. Anyway, it's essentially brand new and free to anyone who wants to pick it up or pay the shipping. Send me a PM if so.

John

Blog Entries
    I have a dovetail Jig and a biscuit joiner I never use.

Griz lathe duplicator.

I had that grizzly lathe duplicator. Was so glad person who bought my old grizzly crap lathe wanted it yo.

I'm still looking for my brain...never use that!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I have a hog scraper in my shop that I'm pretty sure will never see another hog.

Maybe I can use it if I turn a piggy bank.

My ex wife's phone number.

Larry