Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Projects

We use our laser to compliment what we do with other processes such as Rowmark letters for ADA signs. Here is an elevator sign we did for the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
    venetian1.jpg
    Here is one we used the laser for to cut the letters out of 1/4" Acrylic with VHB tape on the back, the Backer was cut on the CNC out of 1/2" Acrylic.
    IMAG0376.jpg
    Paul
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

2. Not real glamorous. It's a wind tunnel model of a rooftop with 224 solar panels on top. 56 of them have pressure taps in the surface of the panel, and 56 of them have pressure taps underneath the panels. Each of the pressure taps has a 4' section of flexible tubing attached with in turn connects to a device that reads the pressure while the wind tunnel makes wind. The other 112 don't have pressure taps, but just need to be there. The completed model will have 7 different rooftops allowing different panel placements to be tested. The solar panel arrays are all removable allowing for the different placements. Like I said, not real glamorous, but the next time you walk by a building with solar panels on the roof and they don't blow off and strike you dead, well, you're welcome. P1010052.jpgTubes Extending below Panels.jpgPressure Tap under Panel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stearns View Post
    Hey 'gain -
    Jon started this out by asking 'bout our projects; things we might share. It is neat seeing what others are doing. I do pretty well with "lake maps" - but, could use some advice. (I'm up against those selling 3-D engraved maps 'n sometimes "routed" lake maps.) Using Corel Draw X5, if I were to take the time to segment the different areas of the map illustration into layers, and engrave each layer, or map segment, with different tones, different colors - would I achieve a 3-D look? Haven't tried yet. Anybody have an idea how it would work out? Or, any other ideas on how I might improve on engraving the maps I do. (Epilog 35 W.) Eager to hear.

Bill

Bill,
    I found a great way to do lake maps is to cut the shorline of the lake from 1/8" birch. Then behind the wood shoreline mount a piece of plexiglass that has been painted blue and engraved from the backside then the engraving painted white.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Projects this week:

Laser etching part and serial numbers on a few hundred SS and anodized medical tools;

I built 14 black anodized aluminum ski lift control panels, did all the machining on the IS7000, and all the text and graphics on the Triumph (which is exactly why I bought those 2 machines last fall!), have two panels left to finish today;

I have about 20 of the above company's competition's SS ski lift operator panels in house to laser etch, they laser cut the panels themselves, completed one so far;

One of my customers builds custom fly sishing reels, I'm about t0 engrave the S/N and other info on the end caps and sides of his latest;

My BIL has done a few hundred SS ID tags (2 variations) for a local valve company;

Another local customer builds trucks that haul liquid explosives for mining operations, every week for these guys I machine and engrave/paint fill fiberglass and ABS electric boxes, fab and engrave hydraulic control labels, engrave/paint pull-knobs, laser etch SS ID tags;

I have about a dozen SS high-pressure control valves that I'll be laser etching part and serial number info on later today;

Cowbells, always have cowbells to engrave;

A local electric parts company supplies parts to Jetway and HK Systems, switch pushbuttons for these companies get engraved and paint fill here (Every Jetway in the world has buttons on their control panels that were engraved in my basement, most of them by my BIL)

I engraved logos into 5 Glock slides Wednesday, and I engrave NFA firearm info on about one firearm a day...

I need to quit typing and get to work on some operator panels!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Kev!

Fly sishing? Why would you want to apply Silver In Situ Hybridization to happless house flies?
    <grin> Sorry....it is Fri after a long week and I am feeling a bit goofy.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I'm welding a post support that will be set in concrete in a couple days for the second Victorian sign I am working on for Saint Mary's School. The panel for the sign will be 1/4" thick 28" wide by 30" tall Corian so I will have some engraving to do and will share some pictures late next week. I also have four donor plaques to engrave that are part of the same project, its a Waterfront Classroom and Lab the school just finished building.

Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

train2.jpgmissile11.jpgsteam09.jpgtrain3.jpgMore trains and lots of rockets

gets tedious sometimes

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Dave, those look great!

I modified the hummingbird box a little..
    Attached Images Attached Images

and getting ready to pop a clock into this one for a group doing
    their best to duplicate the old series..

Even engrave Lacrosse balls?

DSC03057 (Large).JPG
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The recent project, that was quite a large one was for ourselves.

The project we did, was make a laser engraved jewelryline. To see the end result click on my profile/homepage. (the page is finnish + english).

We decided straight from the beginning that we wouldn't just do the same kinds of jewelry everyone else does (cutting out silhouettes) and this is what we ended up with. I myself am very pleased on the whole outcome. Not just the laserign part, but the whole graphic design, website layouts etc. We also have a tumblr blog and a online shop for our Woodland jewelry (though the shop is currently only in finnish).
    Hope you like it! Heres a pic of one of the 12 pendants:
    bearr_s.jpg
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-12-2014 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Removed link to personal website
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

As promised earlier the pictures below are a couple of the signs I laser engraved this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Henri Sallinen View Post
    The recent project, that was quite a large one was for ourselves.

The project we did, was make a laser engraved jewelryline. To see the end result click on my profile/homepage. (the page is finnish + english).

We decided straight from the beginning that we wouldn't just do the same kinds of jewelry everyone else does (cutting out silhouettes) and this is what we ended up with. I myself am very pleased on the whole outcome. Not just the laserign part, but the whole graphic design, website layouts etc. We also have a tumblr blog and a online shop for our Woodland jewelry (though the shop is currently only in finnish).
    Hope you like it! Heres a pic of one of the 12 pendants:
    bearr_s.jpg

Very nice Henri but you might want to remove the link to your website.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-12-2014 at 9:04 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Dead Man's Penny

One of our more interesting jobs was to create a plaque using Irish Bog Yew for a customer who wished to mount a 'Dead Man's Penny'.
    Those commemorative 'pennies' were awarded by the British Government to families of people killed in the First World War.
    In the case of our customer the dead soldier was born in Co. Mayo Ireland and the profile of the piece of bog yew we used approximates the shape of County Mayo.
    The attached image shows the final product in our customers home.
    Dead Mans Penny.jpg