Thread: A visit with a Creeker

A visit with a Creeker

Reed Gray (the RoboHippy) came up to do a demo for the Bremerton club yesterday, and as is common practice my wife and I hosted him.
    His program was on doing platform sharpening (featuring his RoboRest) and his techniques to turn a bowl, quickly, with a minimum need for sanding.
    Both halves were excellent and his RoboRest was certainly a hit, he sold many to club members.
    While turning the bowl, and explaining every cut he is doing, why, and why his cuts work for him all took about an hour; he said he can do this same process in under 5 minutes... The life of a production turner.
    This morning we got up ridiculously early and went to Tai Chi class (we both study Tai Chi), after which my wife feed us a "2nd breakfast" of sticky rolls and sausage.
    After a couple hours of visiting Reed took off to spend the afternoon with Dave Schweitzer (D-Way Tools), before going on to Olympia to do a program there.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

excellent .......

Lucky dawg....
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Reed is a great guy. We talked some back at AAW in St Paul. And, Dave ranks up there with some of the best demonstrators I have seen. Like his tools, as well.

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Ellen's sticky rolls are worth waiting for. And Reed showed the Old Dog (me) a few new tricks during his visit. Sure hope he comes back this way soon!

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Well, the things I enjoy most are turning, mentoring, and inventing. Sticky buns are up at the top of the list of foods I love. I had a great time. I will look at my schedule because your next club meeting is a hands on one, that might work out well for hands on with the things I tried to teach.

As soon as some one invents a transporter, I can work more out of the area.......

Next big stop will be Phoenix at the symposium.

robo hippy