Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shenhui Problem Please Help

First thing to check if the laser tube is firing. To do that, put a test paper in front of the first mirror (the first one next to the exit of the laser tube) and then fire the laser to see if you get a burn mark. If you get a burn mark, then its a simple alignment issue which you can correct by following the alignment process.

If you are not getting the burn mark on the first mirror then it would mean that your laser is not firing and in that case you can either use your spare tube first to check if the issue is with the power supply or controller or if the tube was damaged.

This is how I would approach this problem.

And as other Shenhui owners said, there is no door switch on Shenhuis.

Regards
    Khalid
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

Ummm fitting a new tube on a machine that may have a dead PSU isn't a great idea, *if* the psu has killed the tube all you will achieve is killing another tube.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Update, I wanted first to say thank you all for all your help and ideas relating to my laser tube not firing. I went to the office early this morning with the hopes of isolating this issue. Lets just say me and the laser are very familiar with each other at this point. I am actually very happy this issue came up so now I pretty much know my way around the machine and they are really not that complex at all.

I have isolated my issue to the Laser Power Supply. It is basically DOA. I opened my box of spares and installed it in about 10 minutes....... Up and running with zero issues. Again thank you very much for all the help it is very much appreciated.

Mike

PS I have an email into Shenhui for a replacement and am waiting on a response. For the record Joy has also been very helpful via email.

That's why you never stick a new tube on a suspect PSU

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Hi I am glad you are back up and running and thank you for letting us know what the problem was and how you fixed it in the end I have that will be a help to others one day
    cheers Frank

According to the original post
    I have power to the laser side, fuses good, checked all connections and nothing. Did a test fire, nothing.
    I had assumed the PS checked out ok...

Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Rodney

Sorry if I have out bad info. I never knew that the PSU is on the left side. I pretty much know all components now.

What is the main issue that makes the PSU fail?

Mike

Im not sure what makes it fail , we had one Power supply (Reci) failure , but it was only the fuse in the Power supply box itself , we replaced the fuse and it never had an issue after that - been going 3 years now.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Rodney

Do you know if the power supply that shenhui uses has a fuse inside?

Mike

Does anyone know the normal voltage that is on the incoming side of the Laser Power Supply?

Michael;
    Assume you mean AC power input, which is 220VAC on my unit. There are also signal voltage inputs.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

George,

No I am speaking of the voltage going into the actual laser power supply located on the left hand side of the unit.

I have a 80w reco and I don't have 220 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by michael reimer View Post
    George,

No I am speaking of the voltage going into the actual laser power supply located on the left hand side of the unit.

I have a 80w reco and I don't have 220 at all.
    Yeah, it should be whatever you are plugged into. So if you're just plugged into a normal wall socket it will be 110 - 120
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

I guess I am getting confused. In one of the posts you said you checked the PS for the tube and all was ok. Next you say you replaced the PS and now its working fine. Now you are wondering what the input or line voltage should be? Like George said its whatever your machine came wired for, either 120 or 240 vac. There should be at least 2 line voltage power supplies for your machine, one for the DC controls and to drive the stepper motors and the other a high voltage supply, still DC but high voltage for the tube. Either one could cause your tube not to fire.

So which one did you replace?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I replaces the unit that feeds the actual tube. It is working fine. I am just making sure the line voltage going into the unit is what is should be so I don't blow out a second unit.

Mike