I have bought a 2nd hand industrial hydrovane 43 compressor recently, its capable of 40CFM FAD, it has done 32,000 hours, it measures 60" x 36" x 40" tall, its relatively large for a workshop of 27' x 18'

The reason I bought this 7.5kw monster (apart from I got it for $900USD) is because I was thinking of putting a series of air nozzle blower to cool the sanding belt on my 37" combination head wide belt sander. this is the only machine that will be using compressed air in my workshop apart from air gun to clean, to get lots of air I need a huge compressor and often they are very noisey, to have a compressor to do what I want it to do and do it quietly, I need a rotary screw or a hydrovane, both are very expensive for a part timer like me who is doing all this in my garage.

I am yet to use the sander, and it probably works ok without the blower? I never do one off item in my workshop, I do small production runs, so when I use the sander, it will be sanding continuously for say 1-2 hours twice a week (this is what I envisaged at the present, probably more)

If I go without the blower the sander will need 3.5CFM for tensioning and oscillation of the belt, this is easily achievable with a small compressor.

question:
should I ditch the whole idea of adding nozzles and dryers to the machine, and therefore, sale the Hydrovane and get myself a smaller oiless silent compressor? they go for about $400 USD here.

or

Should I keep the hydrovane, spend about $400 USD every year on the scheduled servicing, have Soft starter ($600USD) and the nozzles/dryers (unknown cost at present) on the sander?

Below are the images of the Hydrovane.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Thank you for your time