Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Foam

Larry, I wonder if what you are using is the same thing . . . what purpose is it normally sold for at a home-improvement store? Is it sold as insulation or what? I couldn't find the SKU you supplied on their website.

It's insulation board. I buy it all the time.
    styro.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rumancik View Post
    Larry, I wonder if what you are using is the same thing . . . what purpose is it normally sold for at a home-improvement store? Is it sold as insulation or what? I couldn't find the SKU you supplied on their website.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Hey Alan,
    The polyethylene foam isn't a soft material? How can it be cut by router ?

Mary

my works with EXLAS laser ! Just for funny !
    drawings download from internet and edit by Corel .
    ff1 002_1.jpg ff1 003_1.jpg ff1 005_1.jpg ff1 010_1.jpg P1050282_1.JPG

Larry, although this type of foam may serve your purposes I doubt it is what Alan was hunting down. This is polystyrene foam and is quite different than polyester and polyurethane foams.

Oh..OK Works fine for me. I knew a guy in the sign business that sold hundreds of letters cut from this same material. He told me the blue colored material would not attract birds like the white would. (For whatever that is worth)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rumancik View Post
    Larry, although this type of foam may serve your purposes I doubt it is what Alan was hunting down. This is polystyrene foam and is quite different than polyester and polyurethane foams.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation