Thread: LaserPro Spirit and Windows 8?

LaserPro Spirit and Windows 8?

Is anyone running the Laserpro Spirit and Win 8 ? I'm getting ready to upgrade the computer and thought I better Check on it.
    Thanks
    Stanley
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

Stanley, I have the spirit as well, its my understanding they dont have a driver for win 8, only win 7. I was told this about 4 months ago.
    Chad
    Chad Fitzgerald
    Hickory Grove Cabinetry
    Custom Woodworking/Laser Engraving
    Laser Pro Spirit 40W
    ShopSabre RC4 CNC
    55x49 cut area
    with 3 1/4 PC Router, 10" Z

Seem to be a little slow coming up with one. I thought maybe someone had a work around for now.
    Thanks Chad

I just received the updated driver from Kurt@laserprona.com So it is now available..
    Stanley

I read something about Microsoft not going to support win 8 anymore something like they did to XP but really didn't read the whole story since I run 7 and have no intention of going to 8 . ok heres what I read
    As you know, on April 8th, the same day that Windows XP died, Microsoft released Windows 8.1 Update. While the update primarily appears to be geared to making the operating system easier to use with a mouse, it also includes some security and performance updates. Furthermore, Microsoft is requiring that you install this update in order to receive any future updates for Windows 8.1.

Unlike the update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, which came from the Windows Store, the Windows 8.1 Update comes from the Windows Update system. As such, chances are pretty good that your Windows 8.1 system already has a reference to Windows 8.1 Update in Windows Update system. In this article, I'll walk you through the entire Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Update procedure.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi!

Can you please share the driver with me? It will be of great help!. Thanks!
    My mail ID: info@somyacreations.com

LaserPro Sprit 30 Watts, Corel X7 ,PhotoGrav 3.0