Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst purchase ever?

Have had wixey angle gauge for years... no trouble with it... I normally remove battery if not doing a lot in the shop though...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    The Mexican place in Spearfish, SD for me...
    Being from Texas, I would NEVER eat Mexican food in South Dakota. Nor would I order seafood in Arizona.
    Last edited by Jim Rimmer; 04-23-2014 at 1:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Craftsman dovetail jig. When I first had enough money to buy a few tools, just after getting hitched, my new bride talked me into making a bed and dresser. Watched Norm, and decided that I needed a tablesaw, and a dovetail jig. Went to the closest decent sized town with a pocket full of cash and bought a Delta tablesaw, which was brilliant, and the aforementioned jig. I never did get that stupid thing to cut a decent joint, and I still feel a little guilty for selling it on ebay. (Sorry if you are the one who bought the stupid thing)
    I had one of those jigs and made it work a couple of times to make boxes. Sold it to someone on the Creek and never got paid for it. I guess I did get what it was worth, though.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Being from Texas, I would NEVER eat Mexican food in South Dakota. Nor would I ordere seafood in Arizona.
    LOL, my sister took LOML & I to a Mexican restaurant in Piedmont Missouri.. once...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I patronize several very good Mexican restaurants here in the Minneapolis area. Just because a Mexican restaurant isn't in the southwest doesn't automatically mean it is bad. Should we not eat at any Chinese restaurants just because they are nowhere geographically close to China?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    LOL, my sister took LOML & I to a Mexican restaurant in Piedmont Missouri.. once...
    Being in rural Ontario Canada, my only experience with Mexican food is via their phone company - Taco Bell...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Been to a Mexican restaurant in a CO ski town, lousy compared to SoCal.

Also been to a Japanese restaurant at another ski area. Decent, but not an Asian in sight. Sat near the kitchen entry, mostly Latino cooks. Still cracks me up.

Chinese food in the middle of Wales. Not good. My theory is all the good cooks worked in London, bad ones banished to the hinterlands.... :-/