Thread: Norm's clamp cart

Norm's clamp cart

Finished my clamp cart from plans by Norm Abrams yesterday. It uncluttered the shop significantly, made the clamps easier to use and may have broken the old saying that you always need more.

0419141922-L.jpg

0419141922a-L.jpg

0419141922c-L.jpg

That is very nice. I built a cart similar to the picture Rockler has in their catalog with the angle irons you can buy at a lumber yard, lots of holes. Built mine a little bigger so it would hold a few more clamps. It is full without any pipe clamps, they are the step sisters now.

Nicely done John!

I have the plans for that cart and it's on my "to do" list.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That's very nice. I have putting off building one because I haven't seen a plan I really liked. You're version is one of the best I've seen for my clamp collection. I will have to do a search for those plans.

You *will* need more. The problem is that there never seems to be enough of the right kind of clamp for the task at hand.

That's a nice clamp rack. Congrats!

Thanks all. It turned out fine except I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and turned the "A frames" out and now the pocket holes shows. Might patch 'em, might let 'em... it is only a clamp rack. I was really surprised how much tidier the shop is just from this, and how heavy it is to move. That's one recommendation I'd make to anyone making one, don't skimp on the casters.

Built one for my shop, and several for friends. Dadoed the base for the "A's" The dado was only about 1/16" deep. Rounded the corners on the base. In my shop, clamp cart is the most costly real estate per square foot. Need to build myself a second cart for the rest of the clamps